Thursday, May 06, 2010

Standing Tall and not even Knowing It!

Zane came home today from school with Mother's Day goodies. A wonderful potted plant in full bloom, a cute craft and treats! Yum. On further inspection the craft was a tea pot that opened up and had this poem copied down:

You are there for me in every way
So here's a gift for Mother's Day
You always do so much for me
So relax and have a cup of ___.

Now we all know that the last word should be tea to rhyme with me. However, mine said Hot Chocolate and had a package of hot chocolate included. Zane told me that he told his teacher, Ms Diachuk, that we belong to the Church of Jesus Christ and we don't drink tea. So, she took him to a different room and got him some hot chocolate.

I am so proud of him for standing up for his standards....and not even knowing it. It wasn't a big deal for him. It's just what we do, or don't do in this case.

He is the ONLY kid in his school who belongs to our church. It's never been an issue and I think it's because of his quiet strength and testimony.

I love you Zane! Thanks for being such a great example to me!

4 comments:

shauna said...

What a sweet boy! If that isn't a testament to you as a mother...I don't know what else is. That's the best Mother's Day gift of all I think!

Leslie said...

Awesome!

Lisha said...

that is so great!

Tisha said...

Thats so fantastic!