So Rhett turned 4 on May 4th and I've been neglecting my blog and now need to do some catching up!
Of course if you read my blog you know that birthdays tend to be an all week event around here...and we didn't change that this time around! Falling on a Tuesday meant we couldn't do much with Cliff because he has YMs and floor hockey so me and the kids made it a good day. Rhett got to watch whatever he wanted, chose the games they played and supper. He chose pancakes! He also kept telling Zane that he got to be first, or the leader or whatever because it was his birthday! The boys gave him a couple of Hot Wheel monster trucks which he was thrilled with and we called it a day.
The weekend brought about the rest of the festivities. Friday afternoon we went bowling with him and some friends. I know now that kids that young are good with one game, not two...but everyone still had fun. A quick trip back to our house for oreo ice cream cake, presents, and the kids were gone and were on to round 3. (side note: birthday boy did not eat his cake. I wasn't surprised. He isn't a cake kid and likes his ice cream plain.) Friday night we had Paynes over and my parents and Auntie Kizzy made it as well. I made pizzas, we laughed and talked and played and opened some more gifts and called it good.
The weekend brought about the rest of the festivities. Friday afternoon we went bowling with him and some friends. I know now that kids that young are good with one game, not two...but everyone still had fun. A quick trip back to our house for oreo ice cream cake, presents, and the kids were gone and were on to round 3. (side note: birthday boy did not eat his cake. I wasn't surprised. He isn't a cake kid and likes his ice cream plain.) Friday night we had Paynes over and my parents and Auntie Kizzy made it as well. I made pizzas, we laughed and talked and played and opened some more gifts and called it good.
Saturday Grandpa stayed home with the two big boys and made a lego ship and a bunch of other stuff while mom, Kinsey and I took Brock and went shopping for a bit. We played for a bit in the afternoon that night Cliff and I went to the high school play Grease with Jazz and Beck and Kinsey, mom and dad took the boys to DQ for birthday supper. (Auntie Kizzy always takes the birthday boy and usually the brother out for lunch or supper of their choice). The play - 50s diner supper included - was great and the kids were asleep when we got home!
Sunday morning we did breakfast waffles complete with whip cream, syrup, raspberry syrup, chocolate sauce, carmel sauce....well you get the idea. Oh so yummy ! It was Mother's Day so we were celebrating that as well and Grammie loved her gifts from the boys. I painted their hands and did hand prints of each boy and framed them. Grammie has a wall in her craft room that has all 3 of us girls' hand prints from grade one and she's been wanting to add the boys' to her collection. I even used blue paint to match ours! I also finally got the label made for my mom's Christmas quilt and gave that to her as well.
So all in all a good birthday week!
3 comments:
Sad I missed Rhett's birthday, but sounds like it was fun anyway!
How fun. And busy!
Looks like lots of fun...and DANG you must have a lot of energy to pull off the week long celebrations! I am not a good birthday mom, I fully admit.
Post a Comment