Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mexi Bean Tacos

For all those who have requested it....here is the recipie I tried last night and LOVED!

2 cans beans of your choice drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
1 cup corn
1 small onion chopped or use dehydrated onion flakes (what I used)
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
taco seasoning, chili, cumin, etc...make it the flavor you enjoy most!

Spray pan with non-stick spray. Add onions, beans, water and corn. Stir well and add seasoning of your choice. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add peppers, reduce heat and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until heated through.

Serve as a side dish or use for tacos!

Tacos:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place taco shells on cookie sheet. Scoop 1/2 cup of Mexi beans onto each shell. sprinkle shredded cheese over mexi beans. Bake until cheese is melted and shells are crispy on the edges (3-5 mins). Top with lettuce, sour cream...all your favorite taco toppings! Wrap and enjoy!

4 comments:

Suz said...

thanks!

Meghan Anderson said...

Oh... I am going to have to try that! My only question is... with all those beans... hum... how did Cliff do?

KellyLady said...

Meghan...ha ha ha! You make me giggle! Actually, Cliff didn't try it last night because I did make regular taco beef as well. But I've been using beans in enough recipies lately that their effects aren't quite as....musical...as they used to be!

Becky said...

I love good dinners that don't include meat once in awhile - thanks!

I haven't been on your blog in awhile so I skimmed down a bit. Zane is such a great kid! The testimony and hot chocolate stories made me tear up! Thank goodness motherhood has such AWESOME rewards!! You're a great mom!!!!