Our house has been hit with an epidemic of no please and thank yous being used. And it wasn't just the boys. Mom and Dad have been guilty of it as well. So we had a family home evening on it. First we watched a Backyardigans movie on it - the episode is called The Key to the Nile. I tried to find a video link but found nothing in my 2 minute search...sorry.
Anyways, we told the boys that we were going to watch a movie that was all about our lesson topic and they had to guess what it was. Zane knew it within the first 30 seconds but was good about keeping it a secret and Rhett caught on pretty quick too. In the movie Please and Thank You are paired together in the main song in a very catchy way and we've all been singing or humming it all week! BUT it has made an improvement in all of us using Please and Thank You.
And now for the point of my little story. Rhett has been very diligent in using please and thank you all week. And I appreciate his effort. However, when he asks for something he will say something like this
"please and thank you can I have some lemonade?" or "please and thank you a peanut butter sandwich".
I've tried explaining that you say please first and thank you after your request is filled but he continues to say please and thank you all together. I blame the song. But I'm glad he's saying his please and thank yous!
Saturday, May 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your kids make me laugh! love your blog!
That's so fun...at least he's getting it right?
Post a Comment