If you know our family at all you know that a LOT of sports get watched around here. Especially in the form of hockey and basketball. And having 3 little boys means a LOT of sports action happens around here, primarily in my hallway. Countless numbers of hockey and basketball games have taken place in this long, skinny arena and frequently I hear these words, "Let's watch the replay on that..." and then they proceed to re-enact the sequence of game play that just took place. I'm not kidding. I'm often invited to witness these replays and must express my admiration or occasionally a ruling before the game can continue. It's very intense. And it CRACKS me up! Really, could kids be any cuter?
Also, Zane has recently informed me that he thinks he could "take" me in a game of basketball. And then continues with "have you ever even played basketball mom?" Apparently he is starting to pick up on my sport ineptness. In this same conversation he also stated that if we were to play hockey against each other he would definitely win because he has some serious skills. And I'm left shaking my head and wondering why it's all of a sudden a need to prove that he's better than mom at things. Should I just concede now and admit that he's better at sports than I am....or try to give him some competition?
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well, you do have height on Zane so you could take advantage of that in basketball ... I might still bet on him though =) As for hocket, he could probably take you there too.
I say just give up now before you get schooled by a 7 year old! But I'll avenge you next time you're down at Grammie's.
Ah, a preview of things to come!
Post a Comment