Monday, April 26, 2010

NO kidlets

for a couple of days was great! Thanks again to Rebecca and Jazz for taking them so we could go!

We escaped to Fairmont for a couple of days and this is what we did: movies, one round of golf, driving range, hot springs and sleep. It was great. We didn't have to hurry anything, we didn't watch the clock and we just enjoyed ourselves.

And we discovered that me and mountain travelling don't mix no matter where I am in the vehicle. I HATE motion sickness and poor Rhett shares my plight. Thank goodness for gravol. Unfortunately it makes me a very poor conversationalist for hours at a time. Poor Cliff. Good thing he loves me. Oh, and we also learned to make sure you take grown-up music with you just in case you can't find a radio signal in the mountains for oh, over an hour! The only thing I had that wasn't fisher price was Josh Groban or the yearly primary CD. Cliff finally succumbed to the silence after 1/2 an hour and put Josh Groban in. I quite enjoyed it but he was suffering. Hee Hee Hee.

And although we had a great time...the next vacation we take is going to be non-mountainous. I'm thinking warm and beaches and oceans. And longer. The kids will be older so we can leave them longer than we did this time!

Back to regular life...wrapping up piano lessons, planning for next fall's lessons, soccer starting and one more month of seminary! Yeah!!!!!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

fabulous! and "ha ha" to Cliff =)