Monday, April 19, 2010

Planning and Organizing

So I am currently working on trying to plan and organize two things. The first is our trip to Fairmont without kids and the second is piano for the fall.
Going without the kids is great but I'm stressing about packing because they aren't going to be here so I have to pack them and us separately. I'm good at packing all of us but the bags usually tend to overlap. Could be a little interesting. Also trying to foresee and think of anything that they might need and things to write down for Rebecca...it's a good thing that we spend so much time together. She already knows my kids so well already and over the past couple of weeks I've thought of random things she should know and have told her and she called today with a list of questions...definitely leaving them in good hands. And I know that we will come back...but just in case we don't the kids are going to Kinsey.

And piano....this year I started out with 11 students and I'm down to 8 because one family pulled out. This fall my goal is to teach 25. I will have most if not all of my current kids and I'm working on filling in the other spots. I've worked out pricing, hired a babysitter to be here while I teach and am thinking and planning to make this work. I called my former teacher and picked her brain on how she did it while raising her kids - especially while they were small. And her two tips were to be super organized and get a babysitter. I can do that! I'm excited and feel good about this decision and am very grateful that I have this skill that I can use to make some income for our family. What a blessing.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

I'm trying to do the exact same thing with piano! I started with 19 students and am down to 11! Its crappy! Any ideas you have, feel free to pass them on! And have a super fun trip!