Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Randomness....

So we are home once again in our own little 4 walls. We were starting to think it might not happen - one of Jas and Bec's connecting flights was delayed by 4 hours and at one point they were told they wouldn't be able to come home until Wednesday! Fortunately, things worked out and they were home Monday evening....but it was a little stressful for awhile rearranging a few things and getting three kids off to school!
It's nice to be home. And quiet...mostly.

The days passed very quickly with our little adventure at the Payne's and I can't believe it's already the middle of the month!

I also can't believe that we are all STILL sick! The kids are all coughing...Cliff is still coughing...and I can feel it trying to get a hold on me again. Ugh. Doctor appointments have been made but we can't get in until Friday...and he'll probably just tell me it's viral....

I'm feeling rather random today....might be the cold drugs....might be the exhaustion. But I am also feeling very grateful as well that we didn't get the snow storm that my family and friends did in southern Alberta. Tons of heavy wet snow has knocked out the power in Raymond and Lethbridge...not sure about Taber...haven't heard from anyone there yet. And very thankful for cell phones so family members can call even when there is no power.

And to complete the randomness...here are some pics from Easter and our time with the Paynes!

Our very own Easter bunny! He really wasn't impressed that I put these on him...but I just couldn't resist when I saw them!We dyed Easter eggs....quite the experience with 6....I thought they'd spend a good chunk of time at it....but I think it took them all of 10 minutes and then they were gone again! Ha Ha! But they did turn out pretty nice I think.The kids loved that I put their eggs on display and would take them out and look at them...That crazy Easter bunny hid 18 eggs per kid! Saturday night we gave each kid one colored plastic egg and left the rest for the bunny to fill. In the morning they had to find the eggs that were their color - it worked great and they had a blast finding their eggs and dumping the candy into the bowl. Everyone shared the loot!
Our crew showing off their spoils with Cliff! Left to Right: Jonny, Brock, Cliff, Rhett, Jake, Zane and Mia in the back!
I forgot to add that Zane caught the Easter bunny filling the eggs...I thought everyone was asleep! He just had this "oops!" Look on his face - but then he said "Don't worry mom...I won't tell anyone!" And that's the only reaction he's had. It didn't seem to dampen his enjoyment the next morning...but it does put us into a new stage of life. Sigh.

1 comment:

Lisha said...

awwww. so sad that Zane's growing up. I love the one of Brock with the ears on. He looks like he's modelling them with his arms up like that!