Thursday, April 08, 2010

A Trial and a Blessing

So here we are on day 7 with 6 kids.....
I think there has been one moment every single day that I think - this is the worst it has been - and then it gets better. The kids have adjusted to each other amazingly well and now that they've been together for so long they don't feel the need to constantly be together and so have started scattering themselves around the house and yard - which makes it easier but harder as well. For the most part though things have gone smoothly.

And then yesterday the kiddos started dropping like flies. Our family has been fighting a cold bug for almost the past two weeks and I was just soooo delighted (insert big sarcasm here) to be hit with it 2 days before we started this journey. Zane has had a bit of a cough but nothing serious....and then it spread. At one point yesterday between the "my head hurts", "my stomach hurts", "my throat hurts", "cough - cough - hack", I looked heaven ward and thought "This wasn't hard enough? Now I have to do it with sick kids?"

But, it's been a blessing as well because it's really mellowed out some of the kidlets. We had a really lazy day around here today and for the most part I think it's been our best so far for fights and tantrums. I am so grateful for the Priesthood in our home. Cliff and Trent Allred gave Zane, Jonny and Brock all blessings last night and if things keep going the way they are the other three might need one as well. However, it was a wonderful thing to witness all the kids reverent and listening to the healing blessings that were promised to the kids who needed them. A great moment. And those three have improved a small bit.

Tomorrow is Jonny's birthday. We haven't solidified how we are going to celebrate because we're not sure on the health status yet. We're thinking maybe bowling or movie....we'll see. His parents threw a great party for him before they left so we can just do something small and call it good. Maybe an ice cream cake from DQ....hmmmm.....ice cream.

So, I'm still here. Still alive. And yes, I would do this again.

And I'm really looking forward to our 4 days away in 2 more weeks.

No comments: