On mothering 6 kids.
I've learned that planning ahead is ESSENTIAL! If I have a plan of what I'm feeding them it's much better than asking what the want to eat.
I've learned to ignore a lot of squabbling.
I've learned that tattling gets OLD really really fast!
I've learned that it's not as hard as I thought it would be...but I'm glad that only 3 of them are really mine.
I've learned that it's a lot easier if I consider them all mine for now.
Things I've done all by myself with 6 kids:
Prepared, served, and cleaned up 10 meals.
Gone to the park twice.
Gone to the grocery store...yep...you read that right.
Done about 10 loads of laundry.
Filled 18x6 plastic eggs full of Easter candy. Cliff helped me hide them all.
I am enjoying myself...there are moments that are hard, but for the most part we're doing great. The kids are getting along like siblings...some squabbles...some bickering...but it's all good. We're working on the sleep deprivation thing - our kids have been staying up a little later than they usually do and that's taking a toll. And I'm learning that with 6 from 11 to 1 years old you don't have any time to yourself until they are all in bed! But, it's only till Sunday.
Monday, April 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you Lishie for my beautiful blog! Your the bestest!
So are you ready to adopt three more for good? :)
Hey no problem! It'll probably get changed a lot now. If you get one that you really really like just let me know and I'll leave it alone.
But you're Super Mom! I'm sure you're just doing smashingly. And then you two get a romantic getaway all for yourselves!
You constantly amaze me!
Post a Comment