Cough. Cough. Cough. Hack. Hack. Hack. Rattle. Rattle. Rattle.
These are the sounds echoing through my house and my chest these days. Stupid cold will not surrender and I'm starting to hurt. I'm resisting the urge to drag my butt into the doctor's because I'm fairly certain it's just a viral thing and I don't want to be in a concentrated area with other people sick with worst than I have. So that's my whining. Onto more pleasant things.
Zane is reading up a storm! He is loving reading and just can't get enough. It gives me warm fuzzies all over to see him curled up over a book and figuring out most of the words himself. It also makes me feel a little old.
Rhett is all of a sudden talking so much better and so much all the time! He is still my best whiner - we're working on that - and still has ZERO interest in potty training. I'm running out of ideas. Bribes aren't working. So I thought I'd try the leave-him-in-the-wet-pants-after-an- accident technique. I explained it to him, we stayed dry for a couple of potty rounds and then he peed. Not a lot, but enough to make his pants fairly wet. I told him I'd set the timer for 10 minutes and then we'd change him into dry stuff. Gave him a towel to sit on and went back to what I was doing. 10 minutes were up and he wouldn't come get dry! He stayed in his wet clothes for half an hour and didn't care a bit! GRRRRRRR. Can someone please give me a magic wand? But he continues to make me smile and laugh and melts my heart every day.
And Brock is a going concern. His latest trick is to climb onto of his walker. He likes to play with the toys on it when he's not actually sitting in it. So he crawls over, pulls himself up, and steps both feet up onto the plastic over the wheels. And there he stands oh so pleased with himself. Grinning from ear to ear. Oh my busy busy baby!
And I forgot to blog a couple of weeks ago about the great news that Cliff got. Trail has contracts with different builders in and around the city to supply the appliances for the houses those builders do. Some are bigger contracts than others and all of the sales guys have certain builders under them - so they get commission on the product going into those houses. Trail has been working for almost 2 years to get Laebon Homes to sign with them and they finally did. The great news is that it's become one of Cliff's builders! Laebon is one of the biggest builders up here so it's really a great thing. Congrats hon!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry you are under the weather. I had a cough like that last year and had to do sharing time in whispers because I coughed so hard I lost my voice! Congrats to Cliff...that is exciting news for your family!
Wahoo Cliff! If you come up with any magic potty tricks, send em my way! TJ is exactly like Rhett! Hope you feel better soon!!
Post a Comment