Monday, November 30, 2009

Great job

Yesterday in church it was Zane's turn to give the Jr. primary talk. This is his 3rd or 4th turn since sunbeams. When I told him about it he was really excited. He found a scripture he wanted to base his talk on, found a picture in his gospel art book and kept reminding me to write his talk. He chose Lehi and the Tree of Life. I wrote a short talk using words that he could read himself. He practiced by reading it over to Grammie S and Grandpa Dooley and Auntie Kizzy. Yesterday he was just vibrating and then it was his turn. He walked right up to the pulpit, took a big breath and read his talk. Just like that! I was soooo proud of him. All of his previous attempts have consisted of him hiding so no one could see him and being so scared he cried.
Cliff and I both had several people tell us what a great job he did and how proud they were of him. So good job Zane! You did a fantastic job!

And my girl in seminary that was mostly inactive at the beginning of the year has been coming to church with us, attending YW's and went to the temple with the youth in our ward on Saturday. I couldn't be more thrilled!

3 comments:

Liesel said...

Sounds like life is good right now. That's awesome that Zane gave a talk he prepared himself and not just reading a story from the Friend (not that that is a pet peeve of mine).

Just Rhonda said...

How awesome!!!!

Lisha said...

I'm so proud of him! I knew he was giving a talk but never heard how it went. He's getting so grown up =(