Beach Bums.
That's what we've been all week long. Living in a tourist lake town definitely has it's advantages!
I baked on Monday but other than that my early mornings have been spent packing a picnic lunch and all the paraphernalia that one needs for 3 kids at the lake and then we make our trek down to the lake to meet up with our friends. It's great. I push Brock in the stroller and balance the boogie "surf" boards on top of the stroller and the rest fits in the wagon that Zane pulls. Our little procession can make it to our spot in about 15 minutes. Not bad. Once there Zane and Rhett play hard and have a great time with friends. And Brock and I hang out on the grass out of the sand and visit with the other moms. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours and when it starts getting too crowded we pack up and head home. No obligation to spend the whole day there because we live here. Yep, it's great. Oh, and I have to add that Rhett is venturing into the lake this year! Last year he wouldn't go near it and this year he just walked in one day like it was no big deal. What a kid!
Yesterday I did venture out to another lake. I've heard great things about Gull Lake, just past Bently so we headed out. We were supposed to meet up with some other friends but we didn't see them when we got there and they didn't see us. So, I was alone at this HUGE beach with 3 kids. Stressful! There is a playground right on the beach and Rhett wanted to spend all his time there. The water is super shallow and really warm and Zane wanted to spend all his time there or building sand castles with random children he met at the park or in the water. And Brock needed to stay in the shade of the umbrella. It was interesting. Especially when he did a face plant right into the sand. Poor baby was so not impressed! After 3 hours I was done. We will definitely go back but next time I'm taking someone with me. Oh, and I really burnt my shoulders and back...apparently sunscreen expires and when it does it doesn't do such a great job! I'm pretty sore today....
Cliff was very productive while I was gone with the kids and built us a nice new front fence. The old one was shorter than we wanted and the boards had definitely seen better days. He still needs to do the gate but I love that no one can see in my yard as they drive down our alley.
Brock is starting solids. Officially. Not just little tastes here or there. So far cereal and bananas have been tasted and accepted. Oh, and baby cookies.
And my hubby just walked through the door with a dozen roses....just because. Yep, I know I'm lucky! It's great to know he loves me!
I baked on Monday but other than that my early mornings have been spent packing a picnic lunch and all the paraphernalia that one needs for 3 kids at the lake and then we make our trek down to the lake to meet up with our friends. It's great. I push Brock in the stroller and balance the boogie "surf" boards on top of the stroller and the rest fits in the wagon that Zane pulls. Our little procession can make it to our spot in about 15 minutes. Not bad. Once there Zane and Rhett play hard and have a great time with friends. And Brock and I hang out on the grass out of the sand and visit with the other moms. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours and when it starts getting too crowded we pack up and head home. No obligation to spend the whole day there because we live here. Yep, it's great. Oh, and I have to add that Rhett is venturing into the lake this year! Last year he wouldn't go near it and this year he just walked in one day like it was no big deal. What a kid!
Yesterday I did venture out to another lake. I've heard great things about Gull Lake, just past Bently so we headed out. We were supposed to meet up with some other friends but we didn't see them when we got there and they didn't see us. So, I was alone at this HUGE beach with 3 kids. Stressful! There is a playground right on the beach and Rhett wanted to spend all his time there. The water is super shallow and really warm and Zane wanted to spend all his time there or building sand castles with random children he met at the park or in the water. And Brock needed to stay in the shade of the umbrella. It was interesting. Especially when he did a face plant right into the sand. Poor baby was so not impressed! After 3 hours I was done. We will definitely go back but next time I'm taking someone with me. Oh, and I really burnt my shoulders and back...apparently sunscreen expires and when it does it doesn't do such a great job! I'm pretty sore today....
Cliff was very productive while I was gone with the kids and built us a nice new front fence. The old one was shorter than we wanted and the boards had definitely seen better days. He still needs to do the gate but I love that no one can see in my yard as they drive down our alley.
Brock is starting solids. Officially. Not just little tastes here or there. So far cereal and bananas have been tasted and accepted. Oh, and baby cookies.
And my hubby just walked through the door with a dozen roses....just because. Yep, I know I'm lucky! It's great to know he loves me!
1 comment:
Fences....tiles....roses......yup....i agree. You are one lucky girl! Go Cliff!
Post a Comment