Wow. Zane turned 6 years old on Sunday. We've been parents for 6 years! How has that much time gone by so quickly? We are so blessed to have Zane in our family. He is a kind, caring, sweet little boy who loves life. He is an awesome big brother, thoughtful and loving son and generally a delight to be around. He has a budding testimony of the gospel, asks me questions that make me think and is a SPONGE for information. He loves going to school and has lots of friends. His teacher adores him. And he can't wait for the soccer season to start...he's registered to play for the first time this year. Good thing Cliff and I got him some cleats, shin pads and a real ball for his birthday! He was excited over them but much much more excited over the Lego Indiana Jones game his brothers came up with. Pretty good for almost 3 and 6 weeks, eh? Hee Hee Hee. It really was an eventful weekend....Thursday night Grammie S and Grandpa Dooley surprised us! They weren't supposed to be here until sometime Friday afternoon - but it was awesome to get them early! Friday mom and I took Brock and did all the grocery and party shopping. The boys and Cliff and Grandpa fixed our kitchen faucet and hung out. Saturday mom and dad helped me get everything ready for Saturday night and Sunday. We decided to combine Zane's birthday and Brock's blessing so our families and friends only had to make one trip. However, we couldn't fit everyone into our house at one time so we booked the church. My parents, Cliff's parents and 2 sisters and some friends were all able to make it. We had invited everyone who was standing in the circle with Cliff and their families. Some could come, some couldn't but it was still fun! I made 2 big crock pots full of chili - one very hot at the request of Cliff and Dad. Apparently it still wasn't quite hot enough but whatever. So we had chili, chips, buns and some yummy fruit platters. The kids had a blast running around with the noise makers and balloons I picked up at the dollar store and decorating the crowns I picked up as well. Everyone ate lots, we sang happy birthday and blew out the candles on the cupcakes and of course opened presents. Zane got spoiled of course. Zane's favorite was his Lego Indiana Jones game, mine was the quilt that Grammie S made for him! He likes it but I'm sure he'll appreciate it more when he gets older. Grammie said he reacted about the way she expected him to!
Sunday morning we woke up to about 8 inches of snow and it was still falling!!! Seriously. Ugg. I'm so done with winter. But whatever. I don't control the weather and we HAD to go to church because we were blessing Brock! So away we went into Red Deer - only did about 80 the whole way but we did make it. Mom and I went to get Brock dressed while everyone else got a seat. We had Cliff, Grandpa Dooley, Trevor Pratt, Warren Van Orman, Dave Robison, Steve Hall, and Collin Anderson stand in the circle and Cliff gave Brock an awesome blessing. And if you don't know he was officially blessed and named as Brock Dooley Johnson. We tried to get some good family pictures after Sacrament Meeting was over....We got the pictures but they just make me laugh because Rhett was in a very uncooperative mood. He wanted to go to nursery and wanted nothing to do with sitting nice and smiling. Oh well. At least we were all together!
Mom and Dad J and the girls left right away to combat the weather and Mom and Dad R stayed for a little while after church. I had choir so they took the kids home and Cliff stayed to drive me home...I was in no condition to drive - far too tired! Grandpa Dooley made Zane a birthday cake on Saturday and after we had eaten lunch on Sunday we lit candles again, sang again, and had oh so yummy chocolate cake with fudgy icing. Yumm Yumm Yumm.
What a good weekend!
Yesterday started out good. I shoveled out in front of our house where we park....Cliff almost got stuck leaving for work and I didn't want to get stuck when it was time to go get Zane from school. I called that my workout for the day and my oh my are my arms feeling it today! After shovelling my day went downhill because Brock was a fussy fussy baby all day. I think the poor kid cried more yesterday than he has since being home. I think it's because I ate 3 bowls of chili in 24 hours and from all the excitement and passing around of him over the weekend. He was hardly put down (which I expected and had NO problem with) so yesterday he just wanted to be held all day. I accomplished getting the laundry washed and supper made. That's it. But he did sleep really well last night - I was only up once! And today has been a good day.
Enjoy the pictures...I've only been trying since Sunday to get this post completed!
1 comment:
SOunds like a fun, busy time. sorry we didn't make it. Still trying to connect!! Dave felt bad that he "didn't even know it was Zane's birthday!" (Like you would, honey!) so from our family "happy birthday Zane!"
Post a Comment