The other day Zane was talking to Grammie S on the phone when I heard him say "speaking of which..." and then go on with his conversation. I have NEVER heard him say that before and I don't think I use that phrase so I'm not sure where he picked it up. The funny thing is that he used it correctly! It makes mom and I giggle every time we bring it up because he was just so serious and it's so grown up.
Grammie arrived on Tuesday and we are loving having her here. We would love it even more if I would have this baby bu I'm not having much luck in that department. Anyways, the afternoon she got here I suggested she move her truck to the other side of my van and when she went out to do it discovered that the tires had melted down into the ice and she was now stuck. As she and I tried different things I had to take a break to take Rhett back inside - he decided to investigate in his socks! - and Zane met me at the door with a very serious expression and said "mom, I know what the situation is and I have a plan..." Seriously, can this kid get any cuter?
And other than that our house is just clicking along. I'm very hormonal, very uncomfortable and very anxious to meet this new baby. And if one more person tells me that maybe I'll make it all the way to 40 weeks or further this time, and then laughs like it's some kind of a joke I will punch them.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You can do it Kelly - this too shall pass and sooner than it feels right now. Hope "baby" comes soon for you...
Just think of all those ladies that go over! I can not imagine going past my due date. One of my girlfriends has never had a baby on their due date it has always been 7-13days late. Can you imagine?!
Start drinking Castor oil, sending Grams to the grocery store with the boys on Cliffy's days off ;P, mopping the floors, jumping on Trampolines, and any other wives tail you can find. Good luck!
They are probably laughing that nervous laugh. You know the one that we all laugh when we say something we deserve a swat for!!
Like Shauna said, this too shall pass and it won't be long until you are holding this sweet baby in your arms for the 53rd time in a 2 hour period in the middle of the night while he SCREAMS in your face for no apparent reason and you will wonder "why in the world did I WISH YOU OUT!!"
Best of luck and many contractions for the next 20 (less) days.
sometimes i really do wonder where they come up with the things they say! i was 3 weeks early with alli and 10 days late with james, so i was preg for a month longer the second time, sooooo mean. as long as you don't go overdue it's bareable right?!
Congratulations on number 3's safe arrival. We look forward to pictures and stories when you both are feeling up to it!
Post a Comment