Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Brock is here....

I'm not going into all the gory details right now...I'm too tired and I need to pump. But the quick break down is that Brock Dooley Johnson was born at 3:13 Sunday afternoon. He was 37 and 4 days gestation, 8 lbs and had not great lungs. So he's currently hangin' in the SCN in Red Deer with fabulous nurses and doctors. He's been hooked up to a c-pap machine, intibated and given bless to open his lungs (I'm sure that's not how to spell that drug but that's what it sounds like) and when I left the hospital this afternoon he was breathing on his own in oxygen in his incubator and just went under lights for jaundice. His billy count was getting high - not quite jaundice level but we're being pro-active on it.
I'll write more of the details another time....he's beautiful and we can't wait to bring him home!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

Congrats!!! Having an earlier than due date baby is wonderful!! Hope he continues to improve and you get to bring him home soon.

Suz said...

Congrats to you myKell! Love you lots. Hope everything is okay. Talk to you soon. Know that i am thinking of you!

whitney said...

Congrats! Hope he gets to come home soon and you can put up some pictures.

Just Rhonda said...

aw congrats! Can't wait to see him!!!!