Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testing my blood annoys me because....

I can't eat whenever I want to. I have to test 2 hours after each meal....which means when I've had supper and I'm wanting something sweet an hour later I have to wait an hour so it doesn't mess up my stupid blood sugar. Grrr. Really, it's a good thing to get back into the habit of eating really good again....but I think it's annoying me mostly because I 'have' to, and not because I'm 'choosing' to. I was banking on the last few weeks to still eat whatever and whenever I wanted before going back to my good ways and getting back in shape and all that stuff. I know. When you think about it, it's really a dumb thing. Why cause myself all that extra work? It's not because I'm going to enjoy the extra workouts or anything. Nope. It's all about the psychology of being pregnant. Not a good defense, but the one I'm going with. And I'm so looking forward to chocolate fondue Saturday night. Yum Yum Yum. I'm going to eat as much as I want and not even care about what my morning reading will be. Watch - it'll be the lowest one yet.
Did you know that I got flagged for this fun time because my fasting sugar was .6 higher than what it should have been? POINT 6!!!!! I'm shaking my head and counting the days. And yes, I'm a whiner. And I shouldn't be because I have wonderful friends who have to do this every day of their lives and take insulin. Yep, I'm shutting up now.

No comments: