Thursday, January 22, 2009

My 2 year old....

May or may not survive to see his baby brother born. He probably will because his cuteness out weighs his stubborn orneriness that has been overly abundant these last couple of days. But we have had some serious moments in the last couple of days. For instance, he has inherited a pair of Incredibles jammies that used to be Zane's....but he calls them his Spider Man jammies. The other day I was trying to get him dressed to go run some errands and had the audacity to take off his shirt and put a truck shirt on him. Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! The tantrum he threw lasted at least a half an hour. Now, really is is that big of a deal for him to wear his jammie shirt out? Nope, but I'd already told him no before he launched into his huge tirade. I hate it when I get myself into that situation - you know, the one where you say no without really thinking about it and then can't take it back because they're throwing a huge fit? Can't give in because then they think every time you say no and they throw a fit they'll get their own way. Finally he picked a different shirt and we carried on with the day. Later in the day at Walmart he threw another fit because I wouldn't buy him smarties. So Zane pushed our cart and I carried Rhett to the door kicking and screaming the whole way. I'm such a mean mom. He was asleep before we made it home...and we only live 5 minutes from Walmart!
But then he does really cute things like cart around this teeny teddy bear and call it his baby, or pick out the funniest combinations of clothes, or come for kisses. The other day he would come up to me and say "mom, I 'prise (surprise) you"- and then pull out his toy hammer and shoot me with it! Yep, he's a keeper. Hopefully he'll realize soon that tantrums do not get you your own way!
And I realize that I haven't posted any pictures lately....I apologize. I haven't taken any since Christmas. How is that possible? I'm the picture queen usually. I'll blame it on days that fly by and nesting. But I promise to try and remember to take some pictures soon and post them!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

He's really taking this Terrible Twos thing literally eh? Good thing you are already so attached....

DeAnna said...

Seriously if kid's came as toddlers we'd send them right back!!! LOL!! At least that is my view of having an almost 4 yr old and a 2 yr old, who both just love to push my buttons. Your not the only mom out their whose sanity is pushed to the limits most days!!