I was thinking last night about my boys who are already here and the one that is almost here. The one that is almost here was the reason for my very sleepless night - not the last he's going to cause I'm sure. And I was thinking of some of the fun/cute/endearing things they have been doing lately.
Zane is very proficient at prayers - meals, morning, bedtime....and almost every time it has been his turn to pray lately he has included the following "and please bless mommy to do good on her quilt...". Could he be any cuter? He's also beginning to read so he's always asking me how to spell/write words or arranging the magnets into 'words' and asking me to read them to him. I love him to pieces! He asked me the other day what day the baby was going to be here and I told him I didn't know - only the baby and Heavenly Father know that. He's so excited for his new brother to get here and is always telling me random things that he's going to teach him or do for him. He's going to be a great help! And he loves to wrestle with his daddy. In fact they were just having a 'session' while I sit here....Cliff retreated back to the couch, Zane got his shirt back on - don't ask - and then Zane looks at Cliff and goes - you're asking for it!
Rhett is my little tornado that never stops! He loves everything that Zane loves, wants to do everything that Zane is doing and does a pretty good job of being 5 when he's only 2.5. He's always learning new words and phrases. He has a blue light saber and our friend Parker also has a blue light saber. To nix any fighting over which one belongs to who I wrote an 'R' on Rhett's and showed it to him. He now brings me the light saber at least 3 times a day to show me his R - R for Rhett he says and then "Parker has blue too" to which I have to respond "yes, Parker has a blue one to". He's so pleased with himself. He loves finding books...Waldo, eye spy, Usborne 1001 Pirate and 1001 Wizard Things are probably his favorites right now. He's into counting and being his turn to pick the movie. And computer....he's learning to handle the mouse. This is taking a lot of patience on my part. He knows where our baby is....in my tummy and wants to give him kisses. I'm not sure that he's going to be quite as excited when the babe is actually here. A good friend came over yesterday with her little guy - 6.5 weeks old and oh so cute - Zane was enthralled with watching him and Rhett wanted nothing to do with him. Wouldn't even come over for a closer look. But I'm not worried. He'll figure it out soon enough and your own baby is different than a friend's.
I'm so blessed to be the mommy of these boys and to have another one almost here. Lots of cramps and contractions and more downward movement of this one has me thinking it won't be much longer....but I could be wrong. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted!
ps - I had to change my bakcground because when I posted this I had something completely different splashed across my whole blog that wouldn't go away. Grrr. I'm not techie enough to fix it up really cute right now. Oh well.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment