Is the SELF-CLEAN button on my oven. I've had the thing for a year now and have never used it. After cooking my turkey without anything over it (the first and last time I EVER do that ) my oven was disgusting. And any time I used it my whole house smelled like burnt turkey. Ugh. Anyways, after reading in my book what exactly I had to do (press 2 whole buttons and wait) I decided to go for it. W-O-W. When it was done and cooled off it took me 30 seconds to wipe out the ash stuff and voila - an oven that looks fabulous! I'm in love. Of course I called Cliff at work and thanked him profusely for buying me an oven that would do this for me - gotta give credit where credit is due. I'll never ever ever go back.
The last couple days I feel like I've been nesting - weird since I'm only 21 weeks but my house is looking great! Monday we had a family home evening on keeping our homes neat and clean and organized and talked about how Heavenly Father wants our homes to be like Temples. We talked about how inside the temples everything is neat and clean and put away, etc. Earlier in the day I really de-junked the toys and made some labels for different baskets and stuff. The rule is now at the end of the day the boys help to clean up. Anything they don't want to clean up or they leave behind for mom to do after they're in bed goes in a garbage bag and I'll give it to kids without toys. So far, so good.
Daddy and the boys did not clean up tonight....they were too busy carving a pumpkin! One of the sales guys at work brought Cliff this huge pumpkin that was already scooped out so all they had to do was carve it. I was at a baby shower and apparently Rhett was into the pumpkin thing until it got a face...then he walked around saying "scared, scared". We'll see how it goes tomorrow!
The kids have been busy busy pretending up a storm. The other day they were both running around in spider man suites, we've had pirates, ninjas, cowboys, superheroes....well you get the picture. Rhett has been carrying around 2 pez dispensers lately - they are his 'robots' and he just LOVES them right now. Zane loves transformers, spider man, and star wars. The top love depends on the day.
So here's some pics to wind up the post!
4 comments:
That pumpkin is awesome! Love the self cleaning oven too. I think it is funny that we have always had it and I very rarely use it! :) oh...want to come clean my house now?? please??!! :)
I wish I had a self-cleaning oven. We didn't get to choose the appliances in here and they were brand new so I had a hard time justifying other new ones. I always nest early. I think it is because I get to be the size of a small house by about 30 weeks so there is no more nesting going on after that point. Cute pumpkin!
oh man I'd LOVE A self cleaning oven!!! How's the pregnancy going???
Suz, I think I'll pass on cleaning your house, but thanks for the offer.
Shauna, I get to be the same size wise...never thought about it like that!
Rhonda, pregnance is going pretty good. A few minor complications but we're hopeful that none turn out to be serious.
Post a Comment