Saturday, October 25, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun!

This week has just flown by! Lots of fun things have happened and Thursday night Cliff's family arrived (minus Jamie and Amber). I let the kids stay up and wait until Cliff got home (late night with the sale) and after the kids were settled we watched the new Indiana Jones movie. Lots of fun but we stayed up WAY too late for how early my kids get up. Oh well. After a huge breakfast we got ready for the day and hung out a bit before Grandma and Auntie Rikki took the kids to Walmart. I finished Grandma's birthday cake and was putting the buns on pans when they got back with their new treasures: Jedi guns with sound effects! They LOVE them and I think their great....Daddy has a new rule though: No triggers until after everyone is awake in the morning! Apparently he didn't get a lot of sleep this morning because that's all he could hear. For the very rare once I slept through the noise. I'm blaming it on exhaustion. But back our fun times! I made buns and beef for lunch because mom LOVES my home made buns and we added in the veggies and stuff Cliff brought home from the sale. After being way too full from all the food we let Grandma open her presents. (Her birthday was last weekend) Well, she got to watch at least! Then the cake. I made Skor cake and we put 20 candles on it. Cliff got them all lit, we started singing Happy Birthday and before we finished the song the candles were out! Rhett started blowing and Zane joined in. 3 good blows later no more flames. I was laughing to hard to finish singing! We all ate HUGE pieces of cake and then watched Iron Man. Zane quickly lost interest - I was glad because I really didn't like it all that much. Rhett fell asleep in the first 5 minutes and slept for almost 3 hours and the rest of us made it through. We finished off our time together by going to Kelsey's for supper. I was really glad that I had thought to call and make a reservation because there were 8 of us and we would have been waiting forever otherwise! We had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa and the aunties!
Today the kids and I made sugar cookies. Other than that we've been extremely lazy. Rhett and I had a nap on the couch - his much longer than mine - and I've spent A LOT of time on the computer this afternoon.
Tonight is Stake Conference adult session - I think our plan is for Cliff to go tonight and me to stay home with the kiddlets. And then tomorrow Cliff is heading to Edmonton for Trail's sale there so it's me and kiddos alone for Stake Conference. I'm a little scared. That's a long time to keep the two of them quiet, occupied and happy by myself on hard chairs. Hopefully it goes well!

3 comments:

shauna said...

Yummy looking cake! You'll do fine tomorrow at Stake Conference. Take lots of coloring books and things to do...

shauna said...

PS your link to my page isn't working...there are too many http: things in it...not that anyone else cares since they can't get in anyway...I just thought I would let you know.

Oh and did your friend Whitney take her Unit Clerk training at LCC in 1999? (or maybe 1998 I can't remember that far back!) I think she was in my class.

Leslie said...

Sounds like a crazy, fun filled weekend! Hope your hubby is feeling better!