Monday, October 06, 2008
Just when you think you're home free...
You see your doctor for your checkup and find out you gained a schwack of weight last month AND you have a heart murmur that may or may not be something. So, I'm getting an EKG this week, wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours next week and have an ecocardiogram scheduled for November 18 unless my doc thinks that's too long and decides to pull strings and bump it up. The nurse at the front who was booking everything seemed to think that was a good possibility. I'm not too worried about having a murmur - did some reading. More worried that the big weight gain is going to lead to diabetes again and don't know what that plus a heart murmur equals in terms of complications. My diabetes screen is at the end of the month and hopefully we'll know more about the murmur by then to. So, until then I just sit and wait. And that's what I know. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear your having a rough week. Hopefully things will brighten up. I have friends that have been told they have heart murmers and it turns out to be nothing at all after all the tests are done.I pray this is this case for you! You will be in my prayers
Luv ya and I'm thinking bout you! Keeping my fingers crossed that it all amounts to nothing!!
Post a Comment