I have been playing around with different ideas for a new title for my blog because I was sure that this baby was going to be a girl and then "The Life and Times of Me and the Boys" wouldn't work very well anymore. Are you wondering what I've come up with? Here's the new and improved title: "The Life and Times of Me and the Boys" Yep. No change. Thanks to the wonderful ultrasound technology we found out that we are expecting a BLUE bundle and not PINK one like I thought. To put it mildly, we were shocked. But that only lasted for a few seconds before I was overjoyed. Three boys together are going to be so much fun! Not to mention cheaper in the wardrobe department....at least for now. 3 teenage boys in the house at once is going to be rough on the food budget. Oh well. Like I said, it's going to be lots of fun and we're really excited to welcome the new little blue one into our family. Zane thinks it's really cool that he's getting another baby brother and wanted to see the pictures from the ultrasound. Rhett will tell you where our baby is (in my tummy) but when I ask him if he wants a baby brother he says 'no'. Anyways, everything checked out GREAT at the ultrasound. He's measuring right where he should be according to my dates and the placenta and fluid are great. Heart's great and everything else is accounted for!
We've had lots of people ask us if that means we'll try one more time for a girl. Umm, no. We are done at 3. And no, I don't think I'll change my mind. We are both happy with 3 - even without a girl. I'll just have to wait for daughter-in-laws and grandbabies to do all the fun girlie stuff with. And maybe I'll get lucky and have some nieces before then!
On a different note, Monday Cliff turned 30! We had a big party for him last night. And by big I mean almost 30 adults and a handful of babies here at our house for Rock Band and lots of yummy food. We took our kids to Allred's and had a babysitter for both sets of kids. It worked really great - minus the fact that they didn't go to sleep until they were home at 11:00. Ugg. And then they were up at 7:00. It's been a long day here!
So, that's about all that's new in our world. Oh, and if you see my dad don't tell him we're having a boy. He doesn't want to know!
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations on another boy! We know you're good at making cute ones. ;)
exactly opposite of your family! good luck with 3 boys. i can barely do one most days! congrats, that's so exciting.
I'm really happy to hear you're having another boy! Boys are SO wonderful in so many ways. It's going to be great that they have each other. Congrats!
Post a Comment