Sunday, September 28, 2008

100th...and what I've been doing!



Wow. My 100th post. I did my 100 things about me quite awhile ago...I should be good and post the link here - but I'm super tired and don't feel like figuring it out. Sorry. I do want to do something fun for my 100th post though so I'll do a quick update and then what I had originally planned...lost track of how close I was!

So, here's what I've been doing in a nutshell:
- getting used to Zane being in school - including making lunches, homework and school assemblies
- finished reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer in 5 days - lots of reading not so much housework and cooking going on in those days
- trying to catch up from the 5 day hibernation
- arguing with Zane over Star Wars
- laughing at my kids funnies
- teaching piano 3 days a week
- being SOOOO tired! Don't remember it being this bad with the other 2
- trying to take it easier with this pregnancy than the other two so I can make it to 38 weeks
- counting days till my ultrasound on Friday!
- packed for an overnighter to Barnwell
- went to Barnwell Thursday night with Cliff and the boys and came home on Friday night
- enjoyed seeing all the family - especially uncle Don and aunt Kathy and their kids home visiting from Australia - the whole point to our whirlwind trip. We haven't seen them in 5 years!
- eating yummy yummy food all weekend that I didn't have to cook
- enjoying Alisha and her friend Jackie for some of the weekend.
- laughing like crazy when Zane asked Auntie to "drop out" of a star wars level so he could finish by himself. the look on her face was priceless
- forgetting that we had school fundraising to do that has to be handed in tomorrow. Yuck. I'd gladly get rid of this part of school.
- craving Skittles, Starbursts, and Winegums. Yum yum yummy
- not liking chocolate this pregnancy
- starting to get heartburn after eating....anything
- starting to outgrow things and not wanting to spend money on clothes I'm only going to wear for a couple more months
- did I mention that I am tired ALL the time?

And that's about it. At least it's all that I can remember. I'm sure there are lots of things that I have forgotten and if I remember I'll include them in another post!
Now for my 100....things that I want to do in my life!

1. learn to play the violin
2. get my nursing degree and work on maternity
3. teach my children piano
4. get back into my skinny jeans after having this baby
5. be a better friend
6. be a better wife
7. be a better mom
8. flip houses - and get to the point where I just have to supervise and not get dirty!
9. stop eating when I'm full
10. learn to enjoy exercise
11. understand my scriptures more
12. feel the spirit more in my life
13. see my sons serve honorable missions
14. see all my children get married in the temple to wonderful spouses
15. plant a garden
16. do WAY more quilting!
17. visit Hawaii
18. NOT swim with sharks - Leslie is convinced she's going to get me to do this. I'll stay on the beach thanks
19. Get a better camera and learn how to use it
20. Stay caught up on my pictures in albums
21. Have a music room in my house
22. Have all my music organized!
23. Save for a grand piano - probably not until after my kids are long gone!
24. Go back to Huntington California with Cliff and stay in the huge hotel across from the beach...
25. Get a professional massage
26. Go on a temple tour with Cliff
27. attend General Conference live once
28. go to Australia
29. sky dive - only if I'm strapped to someone a lot bigger than me who will throw us out of the plane
30. make it through a summer with the same pair of sunglasses
31. start donating blood again
32. travel to Italy
33. try golf...
34. start running again
35. be a better housekeeper
36. become less selfish
37. curb my sugar addiction
38. catch up on my sleep - I can hope!
39. not care so much about what other people think
40. get out of debt
41. keep old friends and make new ones
42. be a good visiting teacher
43. be better prepared for an emergency
44. learn how to read a map...I'm hopeless!
45. take ballroom dancing classes
46. learn to rock climb
47. sing in a choir again...it's been a very very very long time
48. enlarge my shoe selection
49. shop for the same size of pants year after year after year
50. bear my testimony more - especially for my children
51. appreciate the little things in my life
52. live where winter doesn't stay for 6 months of the year - I'll even take the chinooks!
53. teach my children to be independent
54. sleep through the night again
55. teach my kids healthy habits - eating and exercise
56. find the balance between school and extra curricular with my kids
57. cook manicottie
58. cook a turkey
59. host Christmas at my house one year
60. build wonderful memories for my family
61. develop a better memory
62. Get better at recording things in case 61 doesn't pan out!
63. change myself for the better
64. grow a flower garden
65. have a raspberry patch
66. have a strawberry patch
67. own a vehicle that doesn't run on gas
68. be better at budgeting and saving
69. have a date night every week...not every month
70. keep my children safe
71. live closer to our families
72. get better at piano
73. worry less
74. laugh more
75. do a zip line tour in Hawaii or some cool place like that
76. serve a mission with Cliff
77. have lots of yummy smelling candles in my house
78. appreciate Christmas more for what the season is supposed to be
79. learn more about my kids
80. maybe try to have a dog...maybe
81. have the ultimate basement/backyard for our kids and their friends
82. learn to walk in high heels better
83. have more than jeans and t-shirts in my wardrobe
84. continue to make a menu
85. attend the temple more regularly
86. voice my opinion more
87. pass on my love of reading to my kids
88. play more with my kids
89. appreciate my hubby more
90. learn how to can fruit and maybe jam
91. be more girlie
92. forgive quicker
93. grumble less
94. find beauty in more things
95. recycle more
96. read more
97. have a toy free room
98. have an empty closet - just because
99. make me more a priority
100. ENJOY all my moments - good and bad
wow. That was harder I think than 100 things about me. Hope you enjoyed it!

4 comments:

shauna said...

Wow! I like that idea for your 100th post! I guess I better start coming up with 200 things since I missed the boat on 100. Lots of good ideas...good luck with them.

Tisha said...

Great post! I'll go golfing with you anytime! (Its actually not all that bad!) Luv ya!

LindsayB said...

oh wow! those are awesome. i'm with tisha, you gotta try golf. i'm terrible at it, but i still love it. cooking a turkey is actually quite easy, (and that's coming from me!) unless you suff it. i've never done that, it seems hard and gross though.

Leslie said...

Such a fun post. And you know, when you hit your mid life crisis, you might like the idea of swimming with the sharks. (Not that I am having a crisis. or am I middle aged.....)