You cry over a kid's book from the library. Seriously. I had to get Cliff to finish reading it because I was crying too hard. Sheesh. It was called Mars Needs Moms! by Berkeley Breathed and it's a really great story about a little boy realizing why moms are such good things. Sigh. Hormones are just so great aren't they?
We went to the zoo on Friday as a family and had a great time. The weather was perfect - sunny but not too hot and a nice breeze every once in a while. We got to see lots of animals and saw most of the zoo. Rhett was one tired little boy by the time we were done. I took the umbrella stroller with me but he only rode in it for maybe 1/2 an hour...and we were there for almost 5 hours! 7 minutes in the van and he was out! That's a lot of walking for short little legs. But the boys enjoyed it and we took lots of fun pics of the animals and the kids posing at different spots and stuff like that. They really enjoyed the prehistoric part of the zoo and Zane was thrilled when Cliff pointed out the tyrannosaurus rex! I'm not posting pics because I'm being lazy and still have Cinnamon buns to finish tonight. I think we're going to make the trip to the zoo a yearly tradition...there's so many different things you can do there as the kids get older and stuff.
Zane is obsessed with the XBOX 360 game Lego Star Wars and it's driving me insane. It's all he talks about....minus asking when he can play with Parker. And it wouldn't bug me so much I think if playing it once a day would satisfy him...but it doesn't. He wants to play it as soon as he wakes up and when he's not playing it he's asking when he can play it again. Now I'm not denying that it's a fun game...I like playing it with him and we've had a lot of fun together. What's bothering me about it is his obsessiveness (is that a word?) about it. I've tried explaining to him that too much time playing video games isn't good for his brain or his body but it's going in one ear and out the other. So we have decided to give him a very strict time limit every day and if that doesn't work then I guess the game is going to have to disappear for a while.
Anyways, Rhett is whining rather loudly from bed so I need to go and quiet that one down before he wakes his brother up. Hope all is well with everyone else!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heehee. some of us don't need to be pregnant! I bawl every time Charlotte dies (and you know how I feel about spiders), got choked up when Charlie got the chocolate factory, get teary-eyed pretty much every sunday in primary listening to the kids sing "I am a Child of God". Seriously, i need to get a grip! (At least you can blame your hormones)
I'm with Leslie. That Robert Munch book "I'll Love You Forever" gets me every time. In fact, it just got me the other night. Just imagine how much worse it is when I am prego! My poor husband! lol!
wait - I didn't know you were having baby #3! That's very exciting!!!!! When are you due? AND I totally know what you mean with the hormones in pregnancy. I'm sooo like that!
Post a Comment