Tuesday night I went out with a bunch of great gals for a movie and yummy treats at Moxie's. The movie didn't turn out quite the way it was supposed to - the plan was we were all going to a chick flick - not exactly my cup of tea but it was an excuse to get out with the girls. When my friend Jennie and I arrived at the theater we met up with another gal who said the movie we were supposed to see was sold out. Oh darn. We decided to go to another movie - action, comedy and romance all rolled into one. Can't beat that! It was funny because when we pulled up to the theater and saw what else was playing Jennie and I looked at each other and she asked why in the world we were going to this chick flick instead of one of the others. We think a lot a like. Our hubbies were quite put out that we saw this particular movie without them. Poor guys. It's worth seeing again so I'm not too worried. The restaurant was a blast. I think there were about 10 of us...and it was an hour of laughs and good times before heading home. I have been so blessed to be surrounded by amazing women. I honestly believe that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such good friends because I can't live where my family is....these friends have become my family away from family. Some are closer than others, but I have an incredible support group here and I am so thankful for that.
Today was a fun day - Zane and Parker played ALL day at Parker's house - thanks Jennie! - and Rhett was able to join in for the morning. Then mean mommy played the nap card - the kid is unbearable without a nap in the afternoon. The boys play so well together that Jennie offered to let Zane stay for the afternoon and I actually got some nice quiet time to myself and got caught up on a few things. So nice.
My newest project is to get my pictures caught up on journal ling. They're all in albums, but I'm almost a year behind in writing the funny things and little stories that go along with them. Then it's on to putting a quilt together for my ward's Super Saturday so they can tie it, and after that I think I'm going to start on things for this kiddo.
Oh, and I have a couple of new piano students this year...it's going to be an interesting change in a couple of weeks with Zane starting school, me starting to teach again, and I want to do some things with just Rhett. I think I've got some good ideas lined up and we want to put the boys in swim lessons on the the days Zane isn't in school. I have a feeling it will be Christmas before I know it! Better start thinking about what to get everyone!
Sorry it's random...that's kinda how I am these days. Prego update is that I'm pretty much over the gagging - yeah! - starting to have heart burn - boo - and have been craving salsa and chips the past couple of days. Yum! Also have been doing good on the exercise but horrible on the eating. Sigh, one day I'll get it right!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment