Saturday, August 16, 2008

Things

I finished Janice's baby quilt last night...and gave it to her...and FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES! What's wrong with me? Sigh. Now I have to finish one of the other ones to get pictures to prove how cute the first one was!
I thought yesterday that I was on the winning end of my head cold. I was wrong. Ugh. At least it won't last forever!
I'm sure that I am not the only one to think during moments of the day when children are screaming/hitting/trying to make someone miserable, that maybe the whole kid thing isn't worth it. But then a loving Heavenly Father send moments like this:

RHETT: Knock Knock
ZANE: Who's there?
RHETT: Banana - at which time he bursts into laughter and Zane joins in

RHETT: Knock Knock
ZANE: Who's there?
RHETT: I don't know - again bursts into giggles

ZANE: Knock, Knock
RHETT: Who's there?
ZANE: Fill in appropriate response
RHETT: Laughs hysterically without the punchline

I was laughing so hard at this that I had to leave because they didn't know I was paying attention. Sigh. I wish they would always get along this well! And I don't know where he learned knock-knock jokes. Zane's know them for a long time now but hasn't been telling any as far as I know. The things that come out of kid's mouths!

1 comment:

Susie said...

looks like your summer has been tons of fun. and your kids are really keeping you busy. knock knock jokes never get old with kids & makes us laugh too!!