We had TWO first days at kindergarten this week...Wednesday I went with Zane to meet his teacher. It was good except for when Mrs. Cocks wanted the kids to line up without their parents and Zane didn't want to leave me. I've worried about this for the past 2 days. Today all of my fears were put to rest. Cliff took Zane to school and came back with the report that all was well. And he was. He got to be the special helper all day long, play in the gym, played outside in the rain at recess and got a special treat from the office for being the special helper. They call it the Razzle Dazzle Kid and he was floating on cloud nine when I picked him up. He chose a spider man coloring book with stickers and couldn't wait to get home and get started on the stickers. I was so relieved that everything went well. I was really anxious that he would have problems with his shoes or coat or something like that. He goes to all day kindergarten so has 2 recesses and a lunch that he has to change from inside to outside shoes and get his coat on and off and zipped and all that stuff. These are skills that he CAN do, but doesn't particularly LIKE to do. And of course it's the first time that he's been gone all day in someone else's care that I don't know well, with kids I've never met and doing things that I don't know about ALL DAY LONG. Preschool didn't phase me. How much can they really do in 2 hours? But all day? It was hard to let him go and I hope I didn't pass any of my anxieties onto him. But we survived and we'll continue to do the same Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday! Rhett was so excited to see Zane when he got home. He couldn't wait for him to get his coat and shoes off and get a hug. Of course they were fighting about 2 minutes later, but for a split second they were thrilled to see each other.
Grammie S and Auntie Kizzy have come to stay with us for a whole week! They got here just before bedtime on Friday and we've been having lots of fun hanging out and playing and reading and all that good stuff. We wanted to go to the corn maze in Lacombe yesterday but it rained off and on all day and we decided it wouldn't be fun in drizzle and cold with kids in tow. Hopefully we'll find the time to go before they leave us Friday morning!
Tomorrow Zane is off to school, I have a doc appointment and we have some shopping we want to do. I also start my first full week of piano lessons as well. I'm teaching 11 students this year! That's almost triple of what I've ever taught before and I'm a little nervous about being able to do it all. But I've got them all lined up for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 4 until 6 so I think it'll work out pretty good....
And congrats to Whit and Brad! We hear that Finn is just cuter than cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment