Zane:
1. His wonderful imagination...today they went to space and packed socks, some food, underwear, a movie in case they got bored and after some coaxing a picture of mom and dad
2. His fascination with spider man...he's always 'spinning webs', perfecting moves and fighting Venom
3. his love for preschool....he will do almost anything if the threat involves not going to preschool
4. his absolute stubbornness that has happened since turning 5 - infuriating but admirable in some cases
5. his protection of Rhett - when they play outside he assures me he'll make sure that Rhett stays in the yard
6. his random shows of affection -hugs, kisses, proclamations of love
7. his prayers - the other night he prayed and asked Jesus to protect the world and to protect him and Rhett from monsters even though they aren't real
8. his laugh
9. his excitement over riding his bike
10. his proclamation "today is a perfect day to go to the park" as soon as the sun peeks out of the clouds
Rhett:
1. his excitement over trucks and cars...runs around the house with toy trucks in his hands yelling truck, truck, 1,2 ...truck, truck
2. fun words and phrases: I'm stuck, I got you, I got you again, peekaboo, bye...love you, see you, night, night, (and many more)
3. how he folds his arms to pray
4. how he eats his peanut butter sandwiches...both hands in the peanut butter and lick it off the fingers...if he gets some bread in there too all the better
5. how cranky and cuddly he is when he wakes up from a nap
6. he still naps for an average of 2 hours a day...hallelujah!
7. he LOVES outside
8. tantrums he throws when it's time to take his coat/shoes/hat off
9. ask him if he wants to go outside and he's gone looking for his shoes, hat, coat and waiting at the door
10. anything Zane does he can do to....at least in his mind!
Our Family....
1. we are doing pretty good at FHE every Monday...short but sweet and we've just started the articles of faith
2. we read the picture scripture books at night and if we forget Zane is quick to remind us
3. we love to play board games...Rhett can be a little over zealous sometimes
4. we count sleeps until something fun like a trip or a visit to or from grandmas and grandpas
5. we love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
6. we love ice cream
7. we are about to take our first family vacation that is not to a grandparent's house
8. we all enjoy going through show homes (the boys really surprised us on this one!)
9. we like to watch movies
10. we don't regret the choice for me to stay home with the boys
me:
1. I'm outnumbered by the boys...but I'm spoiled by the adoration
2. Zane tells me I'm the best chef (even though he only eats about 1/2 of what i cook)
3. I am more sleep deprived than I ever thought I could be
4. I have been blessed with some of the best friends that a girl could ever ask for
5. I love that I have music callings...I don't ever want anything else...maybe just one at a time instead of multiples!
6. I am so happy that I started this blog and have a record for my posterity - I print this off every couple of months and write as though I was penning a journal
7. I love to bake and cook
8. I want to attend the temple more often
9. I am proud of what I've accomplished so far weight wise and am looking forward to finishing off
10. I am looking forward to the privilege of being a mother again...whenever it is that the Lord blesses us with the opportunity
Cliff
1. spoils me rotten
2. very rarely tells me no
3. tells me he loves me every day
4. works so hard so I can be home with the boys
5. is the world's best daddy
6. loves his lazy boy and I would light it on fire
7. loves volleyball and plays almost every week
8. would coach volleyball again in a heartbeat given the opportunity
9. is looking forward to golf season...already has his clubs in the car!
10. knows how to work but also how to relax!
Life is always changing...not too long from now some things on these lists will have changed and some will have stayed the same. But it will be fun to look back and remember...that's why we do this isn't it? To enrich our memories and preserve them for others to read and maybe learn from?
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a super cute idea! I LOVE it. I think I'll have to steal/borrow it. I miss you guys! Have fun on your vacation!!! Make sure you take the boys to the candy shop, it'll knock their socks off!!
You don't know how lucky you are!!! Then again...after reading this list, you do know :) I really like post. Makes you look at all the good things. Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!
Good idea to print them off! Do you do it in color or black and white? How well do the pictures print?
About Banff. Try the hot springs. Other than that I have just been there to snowboard, so not much help.
When I print off my blog I copy it to word and delet the pics because I have them all printed and journaled in my photo albums. I print the text in the same fonts as here, do a little arranging of spaces and then print in black because I post too often for color! Thanks for the tips on Banff!
I love this post and I am definitely using the idea next time I need to count my blessings...awesome job!
Post a Comment