Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Little Scattered

Does anyone else agree with me that it feels like forever since I have posted? It seems like I walk around all day doing whatever it is that I do and I have some wonderful, beautiful posts written in my head and by the time I get to sit down at the computer I can't remember half of what I've done in the day.
March has flown by....in with a lion and now teasing us with spring. That part I'm loving. I've actually started running outside again, or at least I was until the most recent blizzard blew in this weekend. Can you tell that I'm tired of winter? But at least the sun has been shining for the past couple of days and I only have a long patch of snow in my backyard now.
I'm trying to convince Zane that playing outside is something fun. Hard to do since this is the first time in his life that he's had a yard to play in. Some days he loves to be outside and other days, like today, he's completely bored and refuses to entertain himself. Oh well. He'll figure it out with more practice.
Cliff's been busy with work...Red Deer had their Home Show weekend the second weekend in March and he was very busy between that and the sale at the store. He had to work one of his rare Sundays which meant me braving church by myself. Uhg. Not my favorite but I'm happy to report that we all made it alive and mostly happy.
Right now my focus is on our house and all of the little projects that need to get finished up before putting it on the market. I have boxes to pack and store so that we can better stage it, trim to prime and paint, walls to wash....it's a little stressful but hopefully it will be worth it. We're really praying that someone is being prepared to buy it and that we will be able to buy another house and move in time to plant a garden. And yes, those words did come out of my mouth. I used to proclaim to my parents that I was not a farmer and never ever would I have a garden and now I'm crossing my fingers that it will work out this year.
There should be another post later this week...Zane is going to be 5! I can't believe I've been a mom this long! But that's another post!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Yes it DOES seem like forever since you posted! Try to work on that, eh? ;o) Mostly cuz I miss catching up on your life.

Good luck with getting the place ready to sell. Do you have anything in mind for the next place? I saw a for sale by owner in Taber - 4 bedroom house with a couple of bathrooms...$260,000. If we WANTED to live in Taber it would be great...haha.

I wish I had room to garden. I think we are going to make garden boxes and do square foot gardening again. It is my fav way to garden...Sparwood is the first place I've lived since being on my own that I haven't had a garden of some sort. The growing season is just too short...but I think I will try it anyway. Hope you enjoyed my novella length comments!