5 years and 2 days ago I became a mom. Zane Markus Johnson joined the wolrd on March 22, 2003...and this weekend we celebrated his 5th birthday. I've been thinking a lot about this and the amazing things that have happened in those 5 years. My baby boy has gone from being totally dependent on me for everything to a little boy who confidently goes to preschool, CTR 5 and friends houses without looking back. He loves stickers, scissors, games, friends, movies, computer games, playing with Daddy, Rhett, building things, puddle jumping.... He is a fussy eater - just like I was and will eat the same thing every day. He loves to learn...letters, numbers, math, card games, patterns, matching....it amazes me how fast he picks up on stuff. He loves his brother and is so good at including him...most of the time. He is so kindhearted and caring. He is also very good at picking up on things that I don't think he's picked up on! He loves going to church and is counting birthdays until he's old enough to get baptized. He adores and is adored by all his grandparents and aunties and uncles. We feel so blessed to have him in our family...
A small part of me is sad because 5 feels like such a big kid age. He goes to kindergarten in the fall and my time of having him all to myself is rapidly coming to a close. But I am excited for him to grow and learn new things and become the wonderful person I know that he'll be. And before the tears start to flow here are some pictures:
These are picutres of pictures...we didn't have a digital camera when he was born! LOL. But here is my sweet boy at a couple of months old...hanging with daddy!
And now here is my grown-up 5 year old!
And now here is my grown-up 5 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment