Thursday, February 07, 2008

I'm still here...

Well...it's been an exciting week in our household. I went to the ER last Thursday am in a lot of pain and ended up being admitted with pancreatitis. Not fun. My pancreas, liver and kidneys were not very happy...docs think it was due to an errant gall stone that has now cleared my system. So I spent from Thursday 'till Monday night in the hospital and am very happy to be home. Thankfully my wonderful mom came to the rescue to take care of my family (thanks mom!) And sadly is leaving us tomorrow. I've been tired for the past couple of days but seem to back to normal today. My liver is still not quite doing what it is supposed to do so I go back and see the specialist in March...will keep you posted!

Now for the fun stuff. I've read tons of mommy tags and wanted to do one too! Thanks Susie for the ideas!

mommy tag
Typical time of wake-up:

Kids anywhere between 6 and 7....Rhett's usually up first. Sigh. Depending on the day Backyardigans and chocolate milk buy me an extra 45 mins or so of sleep!

On a good night when you/kids go to sleep:
Kids in bed by 8 and I'm usually there by 11:30...hard to give up the time with my hubby!

How long you have been a momma:
Closing in on 5 years. Wow...time has sure flown!

How many times have you been a new mom:
Two

How old were you when you became a mom (is this to personal?):
I was 22

Favorite Kids show: Backyardigans...Bo on the Go....Super Why....Einsteins....love the ones with music and learning combined. Boys really like Diego but he's not my favorite

Least Favorite Kids show: I'll second Barnie...and Rollie Pollie Ollie is banned in my house - I can't stand the baby talk

Favorite chore: Laundry, dishwasher

Least favorite chore: Bathroom....I loathe it and seem to leave it until I just can't stand it then it takes me 15 mins to do and I think, gee that wasn't so bad. Still it hasn't changed how often I clean it.

Meal you cook most often: Chicken with baked potatoes, homemade chicken noodle soup with buns, stew with buns, spaghettie....I try to change it up and try new things

Kids favorite meal: Bun, apple, cheese and chocolate milk. Both kids love it and it's a staple in our house. Zane likes turkey with it to but not on his bun....that would make it a sandwich and he thinks he's allergic to sandwiches. Rhett likes peanut butter on his bun sometimes but tends to just stick his finger in it and lick it off.

5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom:
1. The way Rhett follows Zane everywhere....especially when Zane says "C'mon Rhett" and they take off on some high adventure
2. Rhett getting caught doing something he knows he's not supposed to do and trying to turn it into something helpful - ie climbing on the counter to get the phone, turning it on and then giving it to you like he just did you a big favor
3. Snuggling between the two of them and reading stories
4. Singing with them and watching how excited Rhett gets and how well Zane knows the words and actions now
5. The things that come out of an almost 5 year old's mouth....I told Zane the other day that a friend was getting married....he said, oh I know what happens when you get married...you have babies! When's Grandma going to have a baby? He was quite disappointed to learn that Granmmie is done having her own babies. Some thing obviously got lost in translation!

Favorite thing your husband does with your kids:
All the boys things...wrestling, watching sports, BBQ....Zane has declared daddy the outside chef and mommy the inside chef! No one can make the boys giggle and laugh like their daddy! He's the best!

Last time you went out with no kids:
Couple of Fridays ago I got a sitter during the day and we went show homing. It was a lot of fun to see all the new houses and pick out what we like and didn't like! Had a fun date planned for last weekend but being in the hospital kinda' kyboshed that!

If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be:
Hmm...we plan on Disney Land when they're all older....but now just somewhere warm away from the winter!

Favorite pastime/activity with kids:
Stickers, dancing crazy, soccer in the hall...

1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom:
Sleep with them, wipe snot with my bare hand, put something in my mouth that was just in their mouth....should I keep going? I've learned that a lot of things aren't as big a deal as I thought...

If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do?
Ummm...I'd like to say something that would be really productive but I think it would probably be napping or blogging!

1 thing you do that your mom did & now you do:
I sing my kids a lullabye every night

Favorite quality of your own mom:
We come number one...no matter what....she taught me so much about being the best mom I can be and she's my constant sounding board!

Favorite kids book: We're going on a Bear Hunt, Red is Best, The Sneetches

Best advice for a new mom:
The first six weeks are the hardest....you know your baby the best so do what YOU think is best

Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom:
Scariest - not hearing Rhett cry after he was born....
Heartbreaking - seeing Rhett in the SCN for the first time and not being able to hold him....walking floors with both boys when they were really little and had ear infections and the drugs weren't working!

Most joyful moment as a mom:
The first hold....any first. I love watching them hit each milestone...especially the first time they say I love You!

Last time your child told you they love you:
Just before supper...Zane ran up and gave me a kiss and told me he loves me....and I think Rhett means he loves me when he says "mommy! and then continues on with jabber I don't understand!

Last time you said I love you to your kid:
This afternoon...and in about 20 minutes when I get them in bed. Yes, we're a little behind tonight!

Tag anyone who wants to do this!

2 comments:

LindsayB said...

that's so sad you were in the hospital. it must have been hard being away, buy yay for mom's to the rescue! i love that rhett is "allergic" to sandwiches. that is funny.

Mindi said...

Hey Kelly...nice to see you on here! I actually have those tabs from the Pharmacy, mom got them for me, but he hasn't been too bad yet, we'll see! I also only use the diaper rash cream from there, the stuff down here is all crap! Oh, and I only use their Neutraderm lotion because you can't find it down here either! Good stuff!