Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hmm...it's been awhile!








Does anyone know where January went? I can't believe that here we are at the end of the month already. I've gotta quit blinking!
We tried finger painting the other day - as i'm sure you figured out by the pictures - Zane really liked it and Rhett really wasn't thrilled. I had to actually put his hands in the paint for him. It was rather comical because he just wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with the paint on his hands....maybe a few more months.
I also included a picture of my "just because I love you" roses from my hubby. Sigh. How can you not love a guy like that? The've been blooming for over a week now and I just love them. And yes, I'm spoiled.
We haven't done anything exciting - too busy hiding out from the blizzard and the bitter cold. Brrrr!!! I HATE the freezing temperatures. I told Cliff that after we've flipped enough houses we can buy a nice little house down in Huntington Beach so when it's like this here we can go on vacation to our nice "warm" house. He just laughed at me. Well it's a nice dream at least.
We've decided to put our house up for sale this spring....probably April. We have a lot to do before then! Finish painting trim, stain transitions, figure out where to move half of our furniture....big list but it will be worth it. And then it's on to the next project.
I went to a baby shower on Friday...oh the sweetest tiniest little girl. She was born at 34 weeks and is just over 5 lbs....so little and fragile. I got a nice long hold and yes I was definitely thinking that we need a pink one while I was holding her. Everyone brought clothes and of course the majority of them were pink! Everytime the mom opened one the whole room would chorus "ahhh" as she held up the newest and of course cutest addition to babe's wardrobe. It was fun to be out with the girls. I got to see lots of friends that we don't see very often and had good chats with everyone.
I'm busily trying to finish a baby blanket for one of my friends so I can start on a couple more. So many good friends are having babies this year....hard to keep up with them all! Good luck to everyone...can't wait to meet all the new additions!
And that's really about it. I'm not feeling anything profound....just happy the sun is shining brightly today....maybe it will help me get over my winter blahs!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I love the picture of Zane trying to fill Dad's shoes!

You lucky girl getting "just because" roses. I never get those...maybe we need to get Cliff & Terry together for some "how to spoil your wife because it makes her so happy" lessons!

Love ya!

Roeckers said...

So... doea that mean you are baby hungry??
Way to go Cliffy! Roses are beautiful.

Just Rhonda said...

LOVE the roses!!!! And love the pictures of the boys painting. My kids love to do that too!