Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Technology

I have decided that one of the loves of my life is technology. You can unraise your eyebrows all those who are thinking about how UN savvy I am when it comes to technology. I'm not talking about being the first to know how to use something or being right up to date on everything...I'm talking about loving how it blesses my life and makes things easier for me. I have said it before but I'll say it again - I would not have made it as a pioneer or a woman in any earlier time than widely used indoor plumbing and electricity. Me and dirt and outdoor toilets are just not friends. But I'm getting off on a tangent. Here's a list of things that I love: (the obvious electricity, plumbing etc) Internet, ipod, van, DVDs, convection ovens, digital cameras....and my new favorite is USB ports and the zMate Pen that I bought for it. (There are lots more to list but you get the idea). Back to my new favorite...my CD burner on the computer has not been cooperating and I've been having a really hard time getting all of my pictures off of my hard drive and onto something for a backup. I have everything printed but I'd be devastated if I lost my pictures. It finally dawned on me that the pics are stored on my computer as info so I should be able to just transfer them to something else and I was right. I got a great deal on my zMate Pen so I bought 2 and was able to transfer a whole years worth of pictures onto it and wipe them off my computer in 20 minutes! It was fabulous! I'll never go back to burning pics on CDs again. Oh, and if someone knows a different name for my USB thing please tell me. I'm assuming that the zMate Pen is just the brand that I bought. Again, I'm so not savvy to these things...just like it when it works to my advantage.
Other than that things here have been pretty quiet. Cliff and I went out with some friends to a fantastic Italian place in Red Deer. I'm not even going to attempt the name of it because I always get it wrong. It was so much fun - great food, great company, wonderful music and no kids. Perfect night . Oh, and I got a great pair of dress slacks for the date and a few other things coming up.
Cliff has also convinced me to buy an electric smoker. We borrowed one from Trail (perks of having a hubby in the business) and smoked some pork loin on Sunday. Oh so yummy! And so easy... I think. Cliff did all the work for the meat but it didn't seem like he was overly strained by it! Anyways, you can do just about anything you want in it. So we're planning on one but not too soon.
Life is good!

3 comments:

Roeckers said...

Is it a thumb drive?

I am right there with you! I would not survive long without todays gadgets.

I am definitely cooking my blessings!!

Just Rhonda said...

i think you have an external drive too (some people call them memory sticks.) And i looooooooooove my technology too!!! a LOT!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.