Well this title has a few meanings for me lately....
I know it's been quite a while since I posted...I've kinda been on a blog time out while I've been packing, cleaning, and generally trying to contain the chaos that our lives have been over the past couple of weeks. Sorry for those who have missed me. I ahve missed being here and have thought about you often...sometimes I compose wonderful blog posts in my mind while I am running...and then by the time I get to the computer late at night all my good thoughts have slowly leaked out of my head until the only thing I can think about is how tired I really am.
The best meaning of time out for me was this past weekend. Leslie and I went to Calgary for the 5th anniversary of Time Out for Women. For those of you who don't know what that is - it's a women's conference put on by Desert Books. They bring in wonderful speakers and musicians whose whole purpose is to renew, refresh and rejuvanate your soul and mind. It was such a wonderful time and experience...I got to listen to some of my favorite people as well as finding new favorites and came home refreshed in spirit. I'd like to say that we got lots of sleep too...but we stayed up until midnight talking and laughing and just being girls. Katie slept so much that it really was like being there without any kids and it was so great to have entire conversations without pausing to answer little people questions, discipline, or calm the screams of our children. Did I mention that we stayed in the Marriot hotel as well? It was well worth the money since we were connected to the convention center and they treated us awesomely. Valet parking is one of my new favorite things! If you have never been to one I would strongly recommend going the next time they come. And of course we did some shopping at the bookstore there and came home with some great music I'm itching to get at on my new piano...
We take possession of our house a week from today. Every hour it is getting closer and closer and feels more and more real. The control freak in me is starting to panic a little bit but i think I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping her tamped down and under control. I'm pretty much packed as much as I can until we get a little closer to actually moving...so I'm going to start spot washing walls and stuff to make cleaning easier when we move out. We are counting sleeps for many things....Grammie S coming to help us, taking possession of the house, Zane starting preschool, carpets getting cleaned, new appliances (yeah!!!) being delivered, and actually moving. Phew. September is busy busy busy.
And I have been taking some pictures...I promise...they just aren't on my computer yet. I'll try to get some up soon. In the meantime just picture me spending the majority of my day cleaning up after destructo...aka...Rhett. Sigh. If that child survies to see his 2nd birthday...I'm just kidding, I love him to bits - just tired of the current phase!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment