Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lots of Little Thoughts

So this past week was hard but good. I worked really hard on changing my eating habits and incorporating more activity into my day...and it paid off! I lost 6.2 lbs in a week! When the lady told me this morning I just about started to cry from happiness. There were a few times during the week that I thought it couldn't possibly be worth it and it would be better just to stay where I am...but now that I know the changes are actually making a difference it will make those moments eaiser to get through. Plus I have felt a lot better physically. I haven't had a headache in over a week - and that's really good for me, my energy level is a lot better, and my clothes fit a bit better!


Apparently here in Red Deer we have entered Monsoon season! It seems like it is raining every other day, if not every day. I'm itching to get out with the kids and my stroller today but I have to wait for the rain to stop. It's been thundering and lightning for over an hour now! Crazy weather. I might have to settle for dancing crazily to some fun music with the kids. Rhett is so funny - as soon as I head for the CD player his whole face just lights up and he poses there ready and waiting for the music to start. If it has a good beat he just starts bopping and popping his little body along. It's so cute. Really I need to plan it so that I have my video camera close on hand so I can get it on tape.


Last night I actually got to sleep through the night - something that hasn't happened in awhile. I couldn't believe that the clock said 6:53 when Zane came in and not some insane time like 2:34. It seems like the boys have been taking turns waking up in the night and of course that means I'm up too. Hopefully this will be the start of a long stretch of sleeping through the night. Is it too much to ask for?


We are currently counting sleeps until we go to Grammie and Grandpa Dooley's house for the July 1 weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing all our family and friends and Rhonda Steed is going to take pictures of our little family and our big family. I'm really excited. It's long past due as we don't have a picture on our wall with all four of us in it. Sad really, I know. I LOVE Rhonda's work so I know that they will look fabulous!


We are also enjoying Cliff's Father's day gift - Zane begs me every day to play Cars with him. We're actually both starting to get a lot better. It's fun to just spend time with him doing something that he likes to do. I couldn't ask for better kids then I have. Here's some pictures of the boys and Cliff hanging out together!



1 comment:

Leslie said...

I think Lindsay is loving your boys!! She saw these pictures and was so excited to see Zane and Wet. ("And who's that?" That's uncle Cliff. Oh....."there's Zane and Wet")
I am so excited about your success this week. Keep it up and remember ice cream isn't off the list at 11:00 at night! Congrats!