Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Motrin - my new best friend!

Today was a day that I needed Leslie here! (Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled for you to be in Toronto and hope that you are having the time of your life!)
It's just that last night was Hell. We stayed up until midnight with the missionaires watching the documentary on PBS all about Mormons. (they got special permission from their Area leader). I was really disappointed because they basically made us seem like kooks. But I won't get started on that because my mom and I already hashed about it for about an hour and it just makes me frustrated and sad. We hadn't even made it to bed yet when Rhett woke up. I went to get him some pain meds - he finally cut the right bottom tooth he's been working on but now is on to the left - and realized that we were out of Motrin. Not good. So I gave him some Tylenol Cold (he was pretty stuffy) and that just didn't even touch it! I tried everything that I could think of to get him to doze off again. Bottles, rocking, humming, no humming, little chair, big chair, couch. You name it and I tried it. He would get drowsy and his breathing would go all deep and even and I'd think - finally - and look down to see these gorgeous blue eyes just looking up at me in misery - and me being the horrible mom that I can be sometimes - actually had the audacity to yell at him a few times when he was screaming like a banshee. He has develped a new scream and I think it is about 50x worse than his old loudest scream. Finally around 2 I put him down and he started wondering around the house. He'd pick up a toy and bring it to me and I would tell him that I wasn't playing and that I wanted to sleep. He'd just look at me like - why would you want to sleep now mom? He even went to the window and pulled the curtain back so he could look outside - it was really cute but I was not in the mood to laugh at him. He finally conked out around 3:30 and I stumbled to bed praying that he would sleep until 8:00. (I know, I know, but I can dream right!) Yeah, 5:30 rolls around and he's up screaming again. Thankfully he took a bottle and was asleep by 6:00 so off to bed I went again. Both boys were up at 7:00 and Cliff got up with them but I was up 10 mintues later because Rhett was crying and screaming and beating at my door. I got him some breakfast and headed back to bed but he just screamed and cried. Definitely didn't want me out of his sight. Even with a full belly when I headed off to the shower he stood in the hall and cried and screamed the entire time. Poor Cliff. Rhett wants nothing to do with him when he gets into this mood. I had given him more tylenol at some point but obviously it wasn't working. We took Cliff to work and drove straight to WalMart where I bought more Motrin and some of those teething soothers which apparently he doesn't like. Sigh. We got home and I finally got him to sleep around 10 - he only slept for 45 mins so I only got a half hour nap. Can we say Zombie!!!! I was determined that he get some sleep so I worked for another 45 mins and finally got him back to sleep for an hour and a half - and he stayed up for the rest of the day. Ahhhhhh!!!!! He was fairly decent though once he woke up - I just have to keep him drugged for the next couple of days until this silly tooth finally cuts.

Whew - I feel better. When I tell you these things I know that you know exactly how I feel and will just let me vent without thinking that I am such a whiner. At least, that's what I tell myself and if you think differently I don't want to know! Hee Hee Hee.

I hope that you guys are having a fabulous time (if you are reading this in Toronto) and if you are already home I missed you tons!

No comments: