I am constantly amazed at the conversation topics Zane comes up with. The following is a conversation we had in the van on the way to the toy store. I had noticed that he was just staring out the window and was looking very serious:
me: Zane, what's wrong?
Zane: Nothing - I'm just thinking
me: What are you thinking about
Zane: i'm thinking about what I want to be when I grow up
me: Oh, well that's good. What do you think you want to be?
Zane: A doctor
me: Well a doctor is a good thing. Why do you want to be a doctor
Zane: Because they help people.
me: Yes, they do help people. We have a good doctor who helps us. You could be like him.
Zane: Yeah, or maybe a fire man.
me: Yes fire men help people too
Zane: Yeah, and they get to shoot water! (much enthusiasm at this part)
me: (trying not to giggle now) Yes, they do get to shoot water too
Zane: But I don't know how to shoot water - sigh
me: That's ok - they teach you how to shoot water in Fireman school. You could go after your mission.
Zane: Yeah, after my mission I can learn how to shoot the water.
This was the end of his profound speech but I have been floored by it all day. Who knew that my 4 year old was thinking about different professions in the world and wondering which ones he would like already. Sigh - he's growing up way too fast.
Once we got to the toy store the mission was to buy a present for Rhett and one for our friend Kobee - both from Zane. So we started through the toys looking for Rhett and Zane would gravitate towards everything that HE wanted - any time I pointed out something that I thought Rhett would like he would say no. Finally we agreed on a toy and found something for Kobee. As an aside - shopping for little girls when you only have boys - even though I am a girl myself - is a hard undertaking! We went with princess dress up stuff so hopefully that will be a hit.
Rhett still hasn't cut his 8th tooth yet - sigh. I'm really hoping that he does it before we get to Grandma's.
I think that's the most profound I can be tonight!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment