I know you've been waiting to see me all dudded up and girly girly so I'll post the pics first and then tell you all the details of the awards night last night. (so fun!)
My hair was sooooo curly! I told Melissa that she had to make sure it wouldn't move (It was a little windy) and she
pulled out a can of hair
spray called helmet head! It definitely did it's job! Rhett didn't recognize me for a minute when he woke up from his nap - poor kid is so miserable with these teethe. I got dressed, did makeup and headed to Trail to pick up Cliff. A couple of sales guys were sitting there when I walked in and I got "wows" from them so that made me feel pretty good. Cliff was just finishing up with a customer but was very impressed when he was done. So I was feeling very gorgeous and that was nice! (Still going to join weight watchers when we get home though) So we left Trail and headed for the Lodge. We met Chris and his girl friend Carrie at the little pub restaurant there and Janice and Alan got there at the same time as us. So we hung out there for a while and it was a little interesting for me because I've never really hung out with Chris or Carrie. But the longer we sat there the more I forgot how much younger I am and just really enjoyed it. Then we moved to "poolside". This is where they were having cocktails and h'deuvers and checking everyone in. It was torture!!!! It was crowded, noisy and the floor was all uneven which made walking in my fab shoes not the best thing I've ever done. Thankfully we were only out there for 10 or 15 mins before we got to head into the ball room. We found our table which was right up front and we were thinking that this was great until they turned the speakers on. Oh my gosh I don't think my hearing will ever be the same again. The MC was the guy who does the Rebel games - goes out on ice with a jersy over his suite and explains the halfgame show etc. Can't remember his name - sorry. As he started going throught he program I was trying so hard not to giggle because you could totally tell that he was a hockey guy just by the infulction and emphasis of his voice. But after a while I got used to it. But there were a lot of other weird things - they started off with O Canada - no biggie except that NO ONE sang. I was really surprised. Then they called the mayor to say a prayer - and called him His Worship. Too weird for me. So the mayor steps up to pray and unrolls a piece of paper and starts reading his prayer. Immediately the thought came to me that this was just like Rameumpton in the Book of Mormon - especially when he got to the end and it rhymed! Cliff didn't get to experience this because he was in line to get us some drinks. So they started off with the 1st half of the awards and there was one company who I swear only hire employees if they are ex-cheerleeders. Every time they were nominated and then if they won their tables would errupt into screams and shouts and clapping - which is great to show company pride and all but I thought it was a little tacky for an awards night. But no one asked me. They serverd supper after the first half were awarded - it was pretty good. Fruit salad on lettuce, sorbet that apparently had champagne in it but no one bothered to tell us until we had eaten a good portion - then main course of beef with salsa on it and yummy roasted veggies. Dessert (I can never remember if this has 2 s's or 1....sigh) was a row of strawberries, then whip creme, then chocolate that looked like a cookie but was really soft with a truffle next to it. Very rich - Cliff ended up with his and the leftovers of a couple others and was buzzing pretty good for awhile. After supper they started the rest of the awards. Trail was up for supplier of the year but didn't get it- maybe next year. After the awards people just mingled as they blasted music out. Some people were very very very tipsy - there were a couple of younger girls whom I'm assuming came as dates. One girl actually tripped and fell and just about bashed her head into the stage! She lost her shoe in the process and after 3 attempts of putting it back on her friend stepped in to help her. Meanwhile their dates were standing back taking pictures. Again...I'm so grateful for my husband! So it was a different night then we usually spend but it was a lot of fun too.
1 comment:
Too funny Kell! Sorry I didn't get to read this til tonight, but I have been dying to know how it all went. You looked great!
I wonder though if it wasn't the champange that had Cliff buzzing and not the dessert (2 ss's because with Dessert, you always want more)
Sounds like it was well worth all the effort! And thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment