Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Second Time Around...




I've noticed that as Rhett gets older and more mobile by the day that there are some things that are the same as when Zane was in this stage and there are some things that are very different. The very different part lies in my attitude and how I respond to his exploring everywhere. I am still getting used to the experience of leaving a room and coming back two minutes later and having no idea where Rhett is. He loves to hear his name though so usually when I call to him he pops out from whatever hiding place he has discovered. His favorite lately is the tiny spot between the recliner chair and the side table....if he can get himself back in there he can get to Daddy's tall speaker - he's not supposed to touch this so of course it is a magnet for him. He also loves the big windows and has recently discovered that he can smush himself into this very tiny spot and stand there looking outside. Of course all he can see is white everywhere but one day there will actually be grass again.

I have discovered that I am more accepting of Rhett growing up and changing from baby to toddler than I was with Zane. It's fun to glimpse the mischevious little boy that he is going to one day be and know that he and Zane will be great friends. Every day they learn a little more about playing together - mostly Zane learning that Rhett can't do everything that he wants him to do.

I'm also very happy that I had another boy because as Rhett gets bigger and I get to bring out all the cute clothes that Zane wore I get to remember how much fun it was to have a one year old.


We are once again experiencing the fun of using inhalers and the chamber....Rhett has a bronchial infection and our doc is a little concerned that he could end up in the hospital - apparently a few kids with the same thing have. So one is a steroid to open his lungs up a bit and the other is supposed to help if he's having a really strong cough attack. So far I've only had to use that one in the middle of the night when he wakes up coughing. He is also starting to sleep longer stretches although he seems to think that 6 am is the time to start the day. Ugg.


Here's some pics of my angels:

No comments: