I know...I'm posting again! But this is my vent and both boys are asleep and Cliff's at floor hockey so i can vent right now without any distractions:
Rhett was awake last night from 3 am to 5 am. I feel like my 9 month old has forgotten how to sleep and now seems to sleep less at night than he did when he was newborn! Well, not quite but it drives me nuts because all my other friends have kids the same age who have been sleeping 10+ hours a night for months now. Sigh. I know that he will figure it out and i am doing my best to help him. Last night was a battle of wills and I eventually won. Man that kid is stubborn. He would be sound asleep and still crying because he knew he was still mad or he'd finally drift off and then wake up after 2 minutes and go, oh yeah, I'm mad because mom won't let me sleep on her all night. As for me, I spent the better part of those 2 hours laying Rhett back down(he knows how to stand up in the crib now) and humming his lullaby or shushing him or patting him. I won't leave him when he's screaming like that but I don't like to pick him up either because he thinks that if he screams long enough or loud enough I'll give in - and granted I have on numerous occasions. Last night I just said enough is enough and now I know that we're in for a long week. At least Zane slept through the whole thing! His wife is going to hate me when he gets married because he'll never hear his own kids. Sigh, one more thing I'll have to warn her about.
I remember very vaguely Zane doing the same thing and our solution then was not a great one and I ended up having to sleep train him when he was 2 and we moved here. Not fun. I keep telling myself that if I do it now I won't have all the struggles I did with Zane before he turned 2. (And if you don't agree with me, please don't burst my bubble. That is the one thought that got me through last night's 2 hours of screaming baby.)
I was looking at pictures last night of Zane when he was this age and his 1st birthday and further - they made me laugh and miss my little Zane monster. He is getting so big and funny and grown up these days - he really is a delight and I'm so blessed to have him! I was also a little shocked at the lack of pictures that I had of him at that age....but then I remembered the working and managing and all the other stresses going on at that time and thought, wow, Rhett is going to have more pics of his age one then Zane. A little sad but understandable.
Ahh, the relief that comes from a good vent!
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment