Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm Baaaacccckkkkk

My last post I was still in PAIN. I'm happy to report that the pain and swelling are down to minimal, and the best news - I'm BACK! Where did I go, you might ask? If you don't know what I've been struggling with mentally, you can go here. I think I explained it pretty good.

Before my surgery I was feeling pretty good. Not 100% me, but I'd say hovering right around 95%. And now, two weeks after surgery, I woke up today and recognized me! And it felt really good. I'm still going to continue with the vitamins and work outs (which I did my first one in two weeks today - yay me) and happily continue on with life.

On another note, we didn't go home for Easter this year. We had planned to - especially since we missed Christmas. But then I had my surgery and despite my best efforts I just wasn't ready to make that trip by myself with three kids. And then Brock fell off the piano bench and gave himself a slight concussion, and then the next day he woke up with an ear infection, and the next day after that he started puking like crazy from the antibiotic he was started on. So, Thursday, Friday and Saturday were just real fun around here.

Sunday our Sylvan family, the Paynes came over for turkey dinner. Y-U-M. I cooked a 20lb turkey in just over 4 hrs and it was perfection. I have a new secret. If you want it, you can ask and I'll give it to you. Anyways, we did the bird and all the fixins, had a great time laughing and talking till way too late, Brock was still puking randomly which added a "special" element to my day. After the third full outfit change (him and me) I was sooooo done. But we both lived. ***On a side note, why is it that babies/toddlers feel the need to turn their heads in and down into you so they soak your entire front with puke? Really, what is so wrong with puking in the sink when mom is holding you over it?****

Sorry, back to more pleasantness. Today I got smart and gave Brock gravol-dosed juice. Wish I would have thought of it yesterday. No problems today. Just a nice mellow toddler. I was lazy for a good part of the day and it felt good. Tomorrow is back to the lists and accomplishments and all that good stuff!

Happy Easter everyone! Hope it was a great one for all of you!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Yay for you being back! Still sad that we missed you, but glad that you're both feeling better. And I would really like to know who's in charge of many of the weird things babies/toddlers do (like the puking down your shirt thing). They deserve a good fist shaking at the very least :)

CarlyK said...

So glad you're feeling better Kelly!