It's almost been 2 months since I last posted....and this bugs me. So I've been trying to figure out the last couple of days what happened? Why haven't I been writing? I think there might be a few others who have been wondering the same thing.
I didn't come up with anything concrete. I have a few legit excuses - sickness - me and the kids, painting the bathroom, getting ready to host Christmas, and oh yeah, my destructive toddler. But mostly, I think they just all boil down into one category - I've been doing other things! So if you care, stick around for the next little while and I'll try and rewind a bit and catch up.
First off, Brock. I'm sure if you looked up BUSY, DESTRUCTIVE, CONSTANT MOVEMENT, or other such acronyms you would find his picture. To prove my point, here are some pictures of some of his latest handy work :
This is a pan of banana bread that Brock "helped" himself to while I was changing laundry around!
I'm not laughing yet. I know you're rolling around on the floor holding your ribs....but I'm not there...yet. And that's because this is a fairly typical example of what most of my days are - minus the breakdown. I usually don't do that. But the cleaning up after my little tornado - yes. He is allergic to order and LOVES nothing better than to dump the bucket of hot wheels, the two buckets of Lego, the bucket of balls and the tote of trains. And he can do that in 2 minutes flat. Once all dumping is accomplished he looks around with a satisfied look, and then walks away. When I catch him in the act I get him to help clean up, but lots of times I come upon a mess and he's no where to be found....moved onto the next mess! He also has figured out how to take off the heat vents and stuff things down there. So I am routinely pulling toys out of my heat vents!
He's not all trouble...he's also very energetic, fun and learning new things at an astonishing rate! He's very physical - at not quite two he's doing a two-footed jump, ball handling and slap-shooting with mini sticks and balls, (with a golf-swing follow through!) and can jump shot a full size basketball! He climbs everything, rarely walks, jumps on the ottoman and my bed like it's a trampoline and can go from jumping to doing a bumsy like he's lived on a trampoline his whole life! He still loves to play the piano whenever he can - especially when Zane is trying to practice, and is learning new words all the time. He speaks in complete sentences...in his own little language and I've been joking that I need a translator collar like the dogs have in the movie UP. He LOVES nursery, is starting to do actions to some songs, hates to sit still -ever - and is fascinated by his boot prints in the snow. And he refuses to sit in a booster seat or wear a bib when eating. Needless to say meals are slightly messy when he is involved. And he's a mooch. He likes lots of different food but mostly when it comes off of someone's plate!
Grandpa Dooley calls in frequently for his update on "Calvin" (Calvin and Hobbs) as we have nicknamed Brock in his "busy" moments, and has started referring to Brock as his client and himself as Brock's lawyer as I complain about the latest thing he has destroyed or done. We're working on probation terms.
I know it's a stage. And chanting that little mantra gets me through most days...and I'm trying to laugh and document so I will remember that it was only a stage. I'm also trying to enjoy the snuggles, and the little mom moments I still have with him. He's rapidly growing up - can't believe he's almost 2! And I know my days are numbered with someone this little around. But I'm also LOVING that he's growing up to. It's sometimes an odd conflict for me. Mostly I'm trying to enjoy him now...and buying stock in paper towel!
2 comments:
Awwww! I remember that day, 'cuz I phoned while you were crying :( If it makes you feel better, Paxton has figured out how to pull up the heat vent as well, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I'm pulling toys out too. Love you all!
Great blog honey. We love you and miss you and the boys sooo much. Mom and dad
Post a Comment