2 fingers up to show he's starting
grade 2!

Almost out the door!

"One more mom and that's it" smile in the not-good light of the entry!
Almost out the door!
"One more mom and that's it" smile in the not-good light of the entry!
The has come and gone that Zane started his grade 2 career. He was VIBRATING! We had free tickets to a the Rebels Black and White hockey game the night before (the undecided hopefuls all play each other to help the coaches make the final cuts) and he had been out LATE! We're good parents that way...ya know, making sure our grade schooler is in bed at a decent time before his first day of school...but I digress. He was so excited for the first day of school that he was up by 7:00 and had his morning all planned out. Hang out, have some breakfast, get dressed by 8:00...out the door by 8:20. We met his teacher and dropped off all his supplies the day before (that's how they do it here) so all the hard stuff was out of the way. I barely got a kiss after prayers before he was bounding out the door and on his way. And I'm not going to lie, I did tear up just a little bit. I think I always will on the first day of school. It's a start and end of many things. I'm always a little nervous for him - for lots of reasons. One of the big ones is being different - he is the ONLY LDS kid in his school. And me growing up in Raymond - that's a big deal to me. But he's a champ and has a great testimony, and so far a really good group of friends. He came home just as charged and of course starving! Rhett did pretty good with him being gone. He only asked a couple of times when Zane was going to be home. :) His teacher is Miss Warke and so far the only issue we've had is having no nuts in the class and not being able to send food that can be warmed up. We're working on it....and I'm trying not to throw a tantrum. His school does the nut ban by classroom, so if you don't have a kid with a nut allergy in your class you're fine to bring nut products. We didn't luck out so well this year. But I'm not going to get into it here. If you want to read a good blog on the issue you can read my sister Alisha's blog here. If you do, please remember that we are all entitled to our opinions - I'm not trying to start a blood bath over an issue here.
My grade 2 boy you amaze me!
Love mom!
3 comments:
thanks for promoting my blog. I would like to point out that for the most part my blog is all fluffy fun stuff and pictures of Paxton and my nephews. HOWEVER, get me on my soap box and watch out!
Our preschool went nut free this year. It is frustrating, but I understand why it has to happen.
And, you won the book Paranoid Parents on my blog! Email me at lalakme at gmail dot com with your mailing info and I'll have it sent to you ASAP.
:)
He's getting so big.
Post a Comment