Monday, July 26, 2010

Camping pictures

A rare moment of Brock holding still. He loved being outside every moment of the day and was always on the move! He kept us all on our toes!Zane, Rhett and I went for an Adventure! They were dying to take me adventuring and took me down a trail next to the creek. They'd already been down there lots with cousins and aunts and uncles so had picked out lots of things they wanted me to see and take pictures of. Zane got down to the creek by sliding down the bank on his bum...Rhett and I chose to walk upstream and find a nice little path down.
They both went over this bridge without blinking an eye...I was worried for a small second but then just enjoyed the moment.
My tour guides! It really was a great path...full of neat things to look at and cool enough to make you feel like you were miles away from anything.Posing at the end of the trail....it actually led us to the fish hatchery for Premier Lake.Cliff and Brock catching some down time in Grandpa's hammock. I think Brock stayed there long enough for the picture and then he was off again!We drove 1/2 an hour to Wasa Lake and beach because there is no beach at Premier Lake. Rhett and Zane had a blast playing in the water and sand. Rhett wouldn't take his shirt off and was a little mad that he was soaked but got over it soon!Brock wasn't so sure about all the sand....it was a big hill of it leading down to the water and he was quite happy to stay up nice and high and dry with mom under the beach umbrella! Just getting into my good book....This is Brock's new squinty eye smile....I think it's because of the flash and maybe the sun now but this is his new pose!Sandcastle that Zane, Rhett, Uncle Jamie and Amber built! Isn't it awesome!Smile Zane!They buried Uncle Jamie one day and made him a whale....the other day they buried Zane and made him a merman. I thought I had pictures of that...guess not. I'll have to steal some from my mom in law when she gets home next week!Rhett was quite content to be with everyone but playing his own little game at the same time! Grandma, Leo and Rhett morning of us going home!
Smile mom....this is for all the pictures of me :)

See mom, if you go over there I can make a run for the road!
Jammies, hoodie, and being outside. The boys thought this was a great way to start the day!

Zane was very casual about the whole thing....like "I do this all the time...no big deal..."
Cliff manning the pancakes. It's a good thing they like them because the boys ate them every day. And lots of them...one day Zane and Rhett both ate 4! And the day we were headed home Zane was sure he could eat six. He ate two, took 4 more, ate some but decided he was done. Knowing his mom wouldn't be happy about how much he left on his plate, he grabbed Rhett's plate to take the garbage and told me he almost finished it. I bought it for about 1/2 a second, busted him, and just laughed at him because of his scheming little mind. He really wanted a sucker that Aunt Judy gave them last night and I told them they could have it after breakfast.

Mmmm, pancakes.
Brock posing for mommy. This kid was a layer of dirt, bumps and bruises from head to toe...but he was soooo cute doing it!

I'm off to see what I can see!
More exploring from Rhett! They've both asked me when we can go again already so I guess that mean they had a good time!


2 comments:

Lisha said...

Love it! The boys look so at home in the forest! Have fun with that.

Kinsey said...

Looks like you better start LOVING camping sis cuz I think this is the start of a family tradition for you guys! looks like a blast Im a little jelouse!