I'm a bit of a control freak. Yep. I know...you'd never guess. I like to plan things...when things are going to happen, how they'll happen....
I do like to wing it - sometimes - but not with my daily routine. I like to get my work out done early, get myself ready and move on through the chores etc that need to be done that day.
But now I'm the mom of 3....and I'm learning that to get everything accomplished I have to compromise and re-think some things. My control freak self is still adjusting, and for the most part I'm doing OK with it. I have to re-think things. Example: What can I accomplish while Brock is sleeping and what can I accomplish while he is awake?
Yesterday was a good day. Brock was in a good mood for the most part and would actually play contentedly for short periods of time. I got buns made, a good workout (interrupted by the cable guy - out here they give you all day appointments...so hard to plan ANYTHING around!), dishes done, children fed, piano taught, supper made, cleaned up, children in bed, a trip to WalMart and another workout.
Something new to me is what I read while I steal my lunch moment....sometimes the only time of the day I get to read. And I KNOW you're not supposed to read and eat at the same time.....but I do it for my sanity. Anywho, I am one of those readers who gets totally absorbed into a new book. So usually I read something at lunch that I've already read - that way it's easy to walk away. Otherwise I get NOTHING accomplished! I decided to try something new and have started reading at least one talk a day from the last Conference Ensign. It's really been a great change and it's easy and do-able.
So wish me luck on this journey of compromise. I'm hoping for organized improvising - start with a list and get it done in any order I can!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have the same problem now that I'm a mom! I feel like I don't get anything accomplished all day. And who says you can't read and eat at the same time? Have you been talking to Kinsey again?
Post a Comment