So I live in a small house. Bigger than some but definitely smaller than others. And I usually like my small house and don't mind it. The big exception is when I'm trying to work on a quilt. With 3 busy little people it's hard to leave a quilt in various stages of doneness left out. So, I've come up with a little compromise. I camp out my sewing stuff on the kitchen table for a couple of days at a time and the boys get to have picnic suppers in the living room on an old sheet. They LOVE it. And this is where my story comes in....
I'm working on Zane's Spider Man quilt - yes still - remember, small house, 3 kids, nowhere to leave it....
And it's out on the table so the last 2 nights we've had picnics. Only problem is I won't let them have liquid in the living room. After the umpteenth request for a beverage I finally put milk into two of the water bottles Zane takes to school. They're stainless steel so you can't see what's in them. When I took them in Zane asked what it was and I said it was a surprise. Rhett took a swig and delightedly announced "Milk!" Later that night he kept asking me for something and after a minute I figured out that he was asking me for surprise milk. I chuckled and didn't think anything of it....until this morning when he almost had a meltdown because I wouldn't make him surprise milk and let him drink it in the living room. He didn't care that I hadn't washed the water bottle yet but finally came around to my way of thinking. And then tonight, when we were discussing what they wanted for supper the first request out of Rhett's mouth was "surprise milk!"
He makes me laugh!
And another quick thought.....
Been thinking lately about who reads my blog. Some I know, some I don't. I write it because I enjoy it, I use it as a journal, and it's an easy way for me to keep family and friends posted on the going ons of our life. And then quite awhile ago someone told me that they really enjoyed reading my blog and I was blown away because I had no idea they read my blog (and now I've probably embarrassed them if they even remember this and they won't read anymore. Sigh. ) But the point is I didn't know they read it because they NEVER commented on anything I wrote. I'm totally guilty of this. I read lots of blogs that I think are spectacular but I don't comment. Why? Sometimes I'm in a hurry, sometimes I don't want the person to know that I'm blog stalking them....but most often I think I'm worried that someone might judge what I have to say. But I've decided that's just silly. And so I'm going to try and comment on the blogs that I read. Maybe not on every post because sometimes I truly have nothing to say - I know - shocking isn't it - but usually there is something I like about every post I read. Everyone likes a comment - whether you admit it or not. So I'm challenging all my blog buddies to be more comment friendly...no one's going to cyber bite you....be brave and tell us (OK, ME) what you're thinking!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yup...totally agree. Someone's husband mentioned that his wife read my blog and I just about fell over! I know of 5 people that actually read mine. Very interesting! I read every entry of yours...just in case you were wondering! Lol...
So with you on the comments. I'd love to know who all reads my blog.
I totally agree on the comments as well (and by the way I now have 2 posts you haven't commented on).
I have no idea who all reads my blog. I think it's just you and Suz, and sometimes Mom and Kinsey. Oh well.
Blog-stalking has become my biggest time waster of the past year. But on the bright side at least I'm getting to know you better since we don't get to see each other in person too often. feel free to stop on by to my uber-boring blog any day.
Thanks for the help today, I hope to pin tonight as well. I would do cookies as a thank you but I figured that would be a total no-no based on previous posts. :)
Hahaha, you're hilarious! I love "selling" my kids on something without even knowing it. "Surprise milk" is a good one.
I love comments on my blog because then I discover that other people have blogs! Like I've discovered yours and Alisha's in the last week or so! WOOHOO! More people to blogstalk. :-D
Well, thank you for leaving comments on my blog the last few days! :)
It is kind of a weird thing about the comments/lurking thing. Mostly, I just don't think about those that are reading and not commenting even though it's obvious there are plenty of them. I'm like you and get a little shocked when people tell me they read and have never commented or mentioned it before. Even when my own brother said that I was surprised!
Anyway...I love your idea of the picnic. I tend to spread crafts all over the place, too, and I even have a (supposedly) dedicated craft room. But sometimes it's too messy and I have to move into the dining room. :)
Post a Comment