Monday, September 07, 2009

Tales of the Potty....

So we've started potty training with Rhett. Shoot me now. He has ZERO interest. So why am I persisting than? Because he really is ready, he just doesn't want to take the time to do it. So, anyways he was sitting on the potty today while I ready him a story and about half way through the story he says
R: Mommy, my penis is broken
M: Your penis is broken?
R: Yes, it's broken. There's no pee in it.
M: Well, it's not broken but if there's no pee in it you can go.

I just about died laughing! Which is a good thing because by the end of the day I was ready to smoke him one. He doesn't care if he's wet, doesn't want to sit, won't take the bribe, won't teach a bear to go pee, screams all the way down the hall, and won't make the easy choice - sit on the potty and you can go outside or that kind of thing. Instead he screams and cries and declares he doesn't want to! ARG. As soon as he decides that wearing underwear is a good thing and the whole potty thing is a good thing he'll be good in like 2 days. It's just getting there.
Hopefully I'll get more sleep in the next couple of nights....Brock has a cold and a growth spurt. Means little sleep for mommy. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

LindsayB said...

oh i want james to be potty trained so bad, but oh i just don't want to do it! it's not very fun at all!! potty training is hands down one of THE worst thing about being a parent in my books and i've only done it once.

Just Rhonda said...

bwhahahaha. that's funny :) and add me to the I HATE potty training list. I'm already dreading it with Eli and he's only 1.