Well. Here he is. All ready for the first day of the first grade. He was VIBRATING! Seriously. Was ready to go almost half an hour before it was time to leave.
So we walked to school, I showed him where to put his shoes, reminded him of a few things, asked his teacher a quick question and got a "bye mom" as he headed for his table. We were able to go yesterday and meet the new teacher and drop off school supplies and stuff like that so he already felt comfortable. It's hard to go home crying over my 'baby' being in first grade when he's so obviously excited. And I'm glad that he's so enthusiastic. Here's hoping he's always that excited to start a new grade!
And then came the wait. Rhett was quite upset when Zane was getting ready to leave....ran to find a back pack so he could go to. And then asked all day when Zane was coming home. BUT he was so fun. He built castles, played games, and just entertained himself. We played some games, he helped me with laundry and it was really fun to have him home. Brock slept a lot today so it was almost like having just one at home.
And then more waiting.....at 3:00 I started watching the clock. At 3:05 I thought, the bell has rung and started getting snack ready. You're thinking, snack ready? Shouldn't you have left for the school already? Well, Zane and his friend Damien got to walk home by themselves. And so I started watching out of my windows and about 5 minutes later I saw two blurs go by the post boxes at the end of the alley and here they came! Zane said they ran the whole way. But I was so proud of him. He did just like I asked him to, walked on the right side of the road, and remembered all of his stuff. It was so fun to see him come in pumped up from all the new stuff, and bursting to tell me stuff. Oh, and starving too. Still doesn't eat a lot at school. As he was filling me in (OK I had to strategically ask questions to get the answers I wanted) he all of a sudden stops and says "And you know what the best part of the whole day was mom? We got to ride the tire swings today!" His whole face was just glowing. Priceless!
2 comments:
how cute and big is he?!! alli started dance this week and james had a fit that he didn't get to stay and dance, seriously a FIT!
AWW! He's getting so big!!!
Post a Comment