Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quick Updates

Now that I've got the last post finally done and posted I can do some updates!

Rhett:
Still potty training but doing a little bit better every day. He's staying dry for the most part....it's still usually me saying it's potty time but today he told me he had to go twice. PROGRESS! He still refuses to poop. Slow and steady. We'll get there. We're going through a lot of tootsie pop suckers. He gets a sticker for staying dry and a sticker for going pee. After all the boxes are filled up he gets a sucker. We started at 10 boxes and are up to 12 before he gets a sucker. He's also getting into his groove without Zane here. His imagination is exploding! Since he's home all day and "in charge" he's always playing little games, telling me my part and really being fun to have at home.

Zane:
Still loving school. Some of his friends are a little more colorful than I would like but that's what happens when a lot of your friends have older siblings and different standards than you. He's always excited to come home and tell me the best part of his day. AND his two front teeth that have been missing for almost 3 years due to cavities have FINALLY started coming back in. He told Auntie Lishie that the best part was that mommy wouldn't have to slice up his apples anymore.

Brock:
Trying sooooo hard to be mobile. Can move around on his tummy a little but not anywhere near what he wants to. HATES moving backwards when he's trying to go forwards. He's starting to get up on his hands and knees and rock...won't be long before he's mobile! He loves to balance against things, touch and taste everything, and has quit sleeping through the night. The stinker! He's also bigger than Zane was at this age. HUGE growth spurt. Oh yeah. And has developed a screech that can shatter glass....I swear. My head aches all day.

Me:
Trying to juggle lots of balls. Some days I do good, some days I don't. Slowly feeling like we're getting into the groove of routine and making lists of things to do in the next couple of months!

Cliff:
New venture leader in the ward. Looking forward to volleyball league starting up again and doing a great job at supporting me in everything. Totally became the boys hero (he was already...just further cemented that status today.) He came home from work with a Foosball table. Saw it for FREE on kiji and now it's sitting in my living room. Yep. In my already overcrowded living room. Sigh. I just keep telling myself that one day I will have a room all to myself. Sewing, reading, hiding from males.....yep. It'll be great.

I think we're busy and then I listen to other people's lives and I'm soooo glad for our little world!
Life is good...most days!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I loved reading this. Was a nice catch up. And since busy is the word of the day (week, month, year) catch up is tough!